motorgeek.com :: Socially inappropriate motoring information.
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: The Tech Lounge :: Abnormally aspirated

WGFV N75 and boost drop

Post subject: WGFV N75 and boost drop
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 pm 
Stuck in first

So, per my last post I'm struggling with boost drop after a couple of hard pulls. Chipped ECU in previous 20v pulled to 21 lbs. Now in this 20v pulls to 21 first couple of hits, then drops to 15lbs . Shut car off, restart, back to 21lbs for a couple of hits again?

Decided to look through my stash of N75's and see exactly what i have before pulling current valve out.

Valve i pulled from my last DD, now parts car turns out to be a h model (AAN). And, like the other two valves i have out, all three have 300ish ohms vs the 28-30 they;re supposed to have. (one in the now DD, glaicer blue is 28 ohms and clicks on the output test)

The "last" pearl white DD seemed to have much better boost down low, and now know why! Seems that the wastegate hose was on the long nipple and not supplying pressure to wastegate.

My other post list things checked, replaced etc.

Plan is to pull the N75 and check for leaks. (passed ohms and output test/clicking solenoid)

Did like the quicker boost with N75 plumbed incorrectly! Thinking i could could plumb in a MBC once i get this sorted?

Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: The Tech Lounge :: Abnormally aspirated

Jump to:  

Information