motorgeek.com :: Socially inappropriate motoring information.
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: 034 Motorsport :: 034 EFI
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

New C-Level Firmware, 1.02 release info inside!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:42 am 
Stuck in first

Sounds good, thanks!
Waiting for firmware update to check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:10 am 
Stuck in first

But really, we have been waiting a week and half and you even haven't respond to emails. Haven't you got emails or where is the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:58 am 
mach 2 with my hair on fire

Taavi wrote:
But really, we have been waiting a week and half and you even haven't respond to emails. Haven't you got emails or where is the problem?

I responded on Monday that Hiq should make a call to 034, emails bounce all the time, but a phone call is precious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 am 
Stuck in first

We will try again today to call. I quess last time it was too early for california :stupid:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am 

Taavi wrote:
We will try again today to call. I quess last time it was too early for california :stupid:

You guys get this resolved?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:58 am 
master of teh modz

Have you ever sent in your screenshot, as required? I have no emails from the email address you use here.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
- Douglas Adams

Profile Facebook 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 pm 
Stuck in first

Still no news, have tried to call as well, but nobody answers...

There is 10 hours difference also, so i need to wait for at least 10 hours to call again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 pm 

hiq wrote:

There is 10 hours difference also, so i need to wait for at least 10 hours to call again.

Nobody answers?

That's very very odd.
Sure you have the right number?
I would expect it to go to message if after hours, it does every time I call them. Otherwise there is always someone there to answer the phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 am 
Stuck in first

serial nr. 1960 and running on 1.01.16

I know I sent you a file, but its lost somewhere in bits and bites cause I can´t find it anymore..

Of course deleted the picure file too, have to get it again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:10 am 
Stuck in first

TheArchitect wrote:
hiq wrote:

Nobody answers?

That's very very odd.
Sure you have the right number?
I would expect it to go to message if after hours, it does every time I call them. Otherwise there is always someone there to answer the phone.

It goes to message, but it doesn´t help me at all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 am 
master of teh modz

hiq, when are you trying to call? I've never seen a call here go to message but maybe a couple times ever during business hours, someone always grabs a line.

I still have not received any screen shots from you, but on good faith I processed your order to get this moving, check your email.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
- Douglas Adams

Profile Facebook 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:29 pm 
Stuck in first

Got it...

:thanks:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 am 
Stuck in first

Eventually got it, thank you!

In the pin configuration I've seen "Map Selector" function, but still can't find which maps can be switched. Where can I find these maps in the configuration software?

And there are a lot of columns in the log, what are the meanings for all of them?
And what of them actually supported?

One more wish for the future releases: can you include into log file target AFR from the EGO lambda setpoints near the current AFR column. Currently I've wrote script which do it, but it will be much more convenient to have it in the log automatically.

And thank you for communication routine changes, lost of connectivity now handled very nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 am 

F29 wrote:
Eventually got it, thank you!

In the pin configuration I've seen "Map Selector" function, but still can't find which maps can be switched. Where can I find these maps in the configuration software?

And there are a lot of columns in the log, what are the meanings for all of them?
And what of them actually supported?

One more wish for the future releases: can you include into log file target AFR from the EGO lambda setpoints near the current AFR column. Currently I've wrote script which do it, but it will be much more convenient to have it in the log automatically.

And thank you for communication routine changes, lost of connectivity now handled very nice!

Map selector selects between map 0 and 1. Map 0 is used when the input is allowed to pull high, map 1 is used when the input is pulled to analog ground (signal ground, not chassis).
The term "Map" applies to every item that is programmed in the software.
That is all the 2d, 3d and basic parameters are stored in their own respective maps. You tune into whatever map is selected at the time that you are tuning. Many people will save a set file for each map so that they can keep a "fresh" and unpolluted copy of each map and can restore it easily if while tuning a parameter gets mis-adjusted and you cant figure out how to remedy the change.

In the top line of the CSV "logfile", there is legend text that describes the info in that column. Most of them are intuitive. If you have specific tags that you want explained, I will be happy to do it.

I dont quite get what you are asking for with respect to the lambda setpoints.

Glad you like the new comm code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:28 am 
Stuck in first

Let me precise about map selector: in case map selector in position #0, I'll see settings for all #0 maps. And in position #1, I'll see all #1 maps. Am I right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 am 
Stuck in first

About log data
please, give me an explanations for the following list of fields

(smth about wheel and cam triggers, but what exactly?)
WTRG
CTRG

a few parameters about map, rpm and tps:
MAP_C
MAP_R
RPM_C
RPM_R
TPS_C
TPS_R
TPS_PCNT

WBO data:
O2_ERRS
WBO_TEMP (how it can be logged?)
EGT (how it can be logged?)

Thank you in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:24 am 
Stuck in first

And see the attachment

Near the current AFR I've inserted column which contains my AFR target so I
can see mixture error in a moment.

It is not a problem to insert it via script, but I suppose this feature very useful.

And one more wish to see the AUX value (voltage or any number scalable to voltage) in the log. It may be used for extra parameter logging.

Am I dream too much? :)

Attachments:
log.PNG
log.PNG [ 8.33 KiB | Viewed 2154 times ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:20 am 

correct about maps; could be set up for two different cars to transfer the ecu and not have to load a new map at each change. (an extreme example)

I asked about loggin the aux value so i could see egt and was told this would be in the next firmware rev.

as for the afr target; if it can be inserted fairly easy then it might be better for logging speed to have fewer fields. but I'm not good at script, is that like macro's? or just a formula? could you post it here?

WTRG and CTRG are crank (W) and cam trigers. for a 60-1 tooth the WTRG should be 59

dont know about the others i'm still on an older firmware awaiting AUX logging(EGT) and dont want to have to buy an upgrade twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:15 am 

F29 wrote:
About log data
please, give me an explanations for the following list of fields

(smth about wheel and cam triggers, but what exactly?)
WTRG
CTRG

a few parameters about map, rpm and tps:
MAP_C
MAP_R
RPM_C
RPM_R
TPS_C
TPS_R
TPS_PCNT

WBO data:
O2_ERRS
WBO_TEMP (how it can be logged?)
EGT (how it can be logged?)

Thank you in advance

WTRG =crank Wheel TRiGgers.

CTRG =Cam TRiGgers.

MAP_C=Current 5.5D mapping column based on manifold pressure.
MAP_R=Current 5.5D mapping row based on manifold pressure.
RPM_C=Current 5.5D mapping column based on RPM.
RPM_R=Current 5.5D mapping row based on RPM.
TPS_C=Current 5.5D mapping column based on TPS.
TPS_R=Current 5.5D mapping row based on TPS.
TPS_PCNT=The current calculated percent "5.5D blend" between the TPS fuel and speed density map (SD map =100-TPS_PCNT).

O2_ERRS = errors reported by our new CAN based wideband
WBO_TEMP = wideband heater temp reported by our new CAN based wideband
EGT = EGT reported by our new CAN based wideband

O2_ERRS allows you to detect when there is a control problem such as a failing or failed sensor (information that cannot be conveyed over an analog channel).
WBO_TEMP allows you to detect if the wideband O2 sensor is subject to sensor killing EGT transients and can help tell you if you put the sensor too close to the engine.

The new wideband features are exclusive to our ECU, to my knowledge no other system logs WB heater temp.

This help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:22 am 

Rocco16V wrote:
correct about maps; could be set up for two different cars to transfer the ecu and not have to load a new map at each change. (an extreme example)

I asked about loggin the aux value so i could see egt and was told this would be in the next firmware rev.

as for the afr target; if it can be inserted fairly easy then it might be better for logging speed to have fewer fields. but I'm not good at script, is that like macro's? or just a formula? could you post it here?

WTRG and CTRG are crank (W) and cam trigers. for a 60-1 tooth the WTRG should be 59

dont know about the others i'm still on an older firmware awaiting AUX logging(EGT) and dont want to have to buy an upgrade twice.

The AFR target is now logged to the logfile, I added this to facilitate autotune, which would really like to know what AFR it was shooting for at that particular second.

Aux will be added to the log, this involves a change to the GUI, not the firmware and we NEVER charge for GUI updates (though GUI updates which dont require firmware updates are rare for us).

WTRG and CTRG are trigger counters, you are confused with the WDBG and CDBG parameters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:32 am 
I post, therefore I am

Jared, Can you explain how the new CAN based wideband works? Putting a CAN cable into a AiM strada will yield wideband info from a standalone WB box like innovates, or something completely different?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 am 
Stuck in first

Really helps, thanks!

Sorry for disturbing you hard, but I really wish to understand system I've used so deeply as possible.
And from time to time the efi system goes better and better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:50 am 

TheArchitect wrote:
The AFR target is now logged to the logfile, I added this to facilitate autotune, which would really like to know what AFR it was shooting for at that particular second.

034EFI will do autotune in the future, too cool! :woowoo:
Quote:
Aux will be added to the log, this involves a change to the GUI, not the firmware and we NEVER charge for GUI updates (though GUI updates which dont require firmware updates are rare for us).

Thanks, Patiently awaiting this update!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:21 am 

ShavedQuattro wrote:
Jared, Can you explain how the new CAN based wideband works? Putting a CAN cable into a AiM strada will yield wideband info from a standalone WB box like innovates, or something completely different?

I am an analog design person, and having a simple analog output from a wideband is not very good becuase the output is with respect to the signal/power ground.

Widebands are heavy current users since the heater can take a lot of juice, and any current consumed by the WB unit can result in compromising the accuracy of the analog output.
Such problems are one of the main reasons that wideband meters dont correlate well with things like ECUs.

I decided to eliminate this as a potential problem by making the wideband to ECU interface digital. Our ECU has always had a CAN bus, but not many people have used it since the only supported device had been dashes that support bosch MS-3.1 bitstream (IE AIM dash).

CAN is an excellent and reliable interface (used as the ISO physical layer in newer OBD-II interfaces), so it makes sense to use it to "expand" the ECU capabilities.

The new CAN wideband incorporates our proprietary wideband control, and EGT sensor, USB interface and 3 analog outputs (if you have to use them, or for other ECUs). I also added an on board barometer to compensate the wideband sensor and to eliminate the need for free air calibration. That is, no periodic recalibration required.

All the WB parametric data comes out the CAN bus, and since we can communicate anything we need to the ECU, the ECU also displays and logs WB diagnostic info, and even displays the free air O2 percentage, which no analog type WB can interface to an ECU.

We are aware of many WBO2 controller shortcommings such as short sensor life, and this product was designed to be as accurate as possible, and eliminate most if not all accuracy and product life issues.
Its a robust and design hardened product, not designed for cheap mass production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 am 
I post, therefore I am

Can you tell me what the differences are between the 034 WB02 system and the AiM LCU-ONE (which I am currently using)?

Thanks.

'12 TT-RS (Wife's DD)
'00 A4 1.8TQ
'62 356B (vintage racer)

Profile Facebook 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: 034 Motorsport :: 034 EFI

Jump to:  

Information