Automobiles Forum banner

034 Wideband EGT

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  newt 
#1 ·
I have the 2C ECU with 1.02 firmware and the Stage 1 wideband controller integrated via CANBUS.

When I data log from the 2C ECU I see a parameter called Wideband_Temp.
Are the values in this field my actual EGT's??

They are currently fluxuating from 748-751C at idle - and I dont trust that its accurate.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Adrian

#2 ·
You're looking at the wideband heater temp, which needs to stay at 750C to give the sensor accurate readings. It's an electrical heater, powered by the controller. Not EGT as read by the sensor :).

Sam

#3 ·
SeStone said:
You're looking at the wideband heater temp, which needs to stay at 750C to give the sensor accurate readings. It's an electrical heater, powered by the controller. Not EGT as read by the sensor :).

Sam
Thanks, doh!

Does the stage 1 controller not output EGT to the ECU at all?
I was under the impression it did but just not to an external gauge... ?

#5 ·
As is listed on the product page the stage 2 unit gets the addition of the EGT input function (and in turn you also get a 0-5v output), as well as an onboard barometric sensor for standalone atmospheric correction (both stage 1 and stage 2 will use the ECU's baro sensor when connected via CAN, btw).

We are looking at the cost/feasibility of providing an upgrade path from stage 1 to 2, it's is additional hardware that needs to be installed and some internal configuration tweaks as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.