Automobiles Forum banner

034EFI IIC ecu: GPO for FMIC/Rad sprayer based on temp input

949 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rabbit Farmer 
#1 ·
I have the IIC and am trying to determine if I can control an intercooler/radiator sprayer based on engine temp input (I assume the ECU knows my engine temp); my assumption is the ECU would know the temperature, and based on a setting in the tune, it would turn on my sprayer pump using a GPO (I think I have two GPOs free).

I want the sprayer to turn on at (for example) 200 and turn off at 185; my normal engine temp is around 190. Naturally, this would take some tweaking to determine the correct range of temp.

The sprayer would mist distilled water on the FMIC/radiator to help with cooling.

Car is strictly raced.

I am in the process of installing an all aluminum radiator (http://store.034motorsport.com/radiator ... minum.html) and figure it is a good time to add a sprayer setup; one rail on the FMIC and one on the radiator (behind the "VW" grill area).

If the IIC ecu can't do this, anyone either (1) used the OBD2 or (2) direct connect to the engine temp sensor to control a sprayer system? My car is 2001 VW Golf IV 1.8T.

Thank you!
Steve

See less See more
#3 ·
I just had a thought this afternoon that might have answered my question from a non-034 solution.... Just use my existing Sno water/meth injection system that runs based on MAP..... I just need to determine if the pump can handle the volume.

The goal is for a sprayer that only runs for a short period of time. It would not be continuous spray even with the temp range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.