Automobiles Forum banner

1991 V8 Quattro 5 speed

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  fwdt 
#1 ·
It took me a while to work up the courage to do this, but I'm putting my 5 speed up for sale. It's a great car but I really need the garage space for machine tools. Here are the specifics:
Price: $3,300

131k miles
Opal Mica Metallic
Grey Kodiak leather
Sport seats
6 disc Alpine changer in trunk
Factory 5 speed
Have the window sticker from 91

Good:
Bought from California, Carfax said it had been in Texas and Oregon previously. NO RUST
ABT Chip (have stock chip too)
New CV Boots
New Bilstein HD all around
New Control arm bushings
New rubber brake lines
New Audi trans fluid and redline diff fluid
UFO brakes
Fresh Mobil 1 oil change
V8 growl

Bad:
PS pump leaking. I have the seal kit and will offer a $500 discount if I don't have to re-seal it.
Cracked windshield
Drivers door lock mechanism locks and unlocks fine with the interior switch, but they key does not work.
Previous owner didn't sign the odometer statement. The old CA title was clean and Carfax mileage is consistent, but it does have a "Not actual" title.

Pictures pending the clouds clearing this morning. Here's a teaser from a few years ago when I bought it.

See less See more
#4 ·
So what ur saying is $2,750 buys this car?
This cars got rear coil overs as I remember correct?

#7 ·
Ygpm

#8 ·
No interior or motor shots?

#9 ·
mdg3369 said:
Here are pictures from today. As you can see it was a real struggle to put it up for sale.

Mike, That's a clean V8. if your serious about selling it, I would consider offering it up to a wider audience like eBay or something. believe it or not, that car would fetch more than your asking price there.
Good luck with sale!

#11 ·
Proud new owner! Thank you Michael! Now after owning my 200 avant for a year I finally find what the true joy of owning a type 44 is like. This car is amazing! My wife even likes it. Be assured it is in good hands. About to look into getting that p.s. pump rebuilt. It will get drove to work tomorrow though. By Monday she'll have the pump fixed.

#12 ·
Nice.
The V8 5spd is a very special car. Nobody loves these car more than me! If u need anything don't hesitate to contact me again.

#15 ·
:x God effing damnit damnit damnit damnit. Cash in pocket and still can't get one. I have been stalking for this car :frustrated:

#20 ·
Totally happy for the new owner. Glad it's still in the Family.....just ouch...

#22 ·
AudiSport4000 said:
Oh man....we may have to meet sometime. Id love to check this thing out. Anytime you need help wrenching let me know!
Lol. You more than welcome to help me reseal the power steering pump. :D

Out to snap some pictures here after bit. This will sound stupid, and it was, but I never even popped the hood when I bought the car from Michael. Nary a test drive. I was awestruck. I think I'll be alright as he had Rose-Hulman alumni plates on her. The car was well cared for would be an understatement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.