Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some guidelines (read me first)

12K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  newt 
#1 ·
Q:Why is this forum here?
A:This forum was created to give the motorgeek community an outlet to sell/request items in their search to quench their unquenchable thirst for more and more horsepowers!

Q: Cool! So what can I sell??
A: Anything! (except body parts, sexual acts, and bling-bling auto parts!)

Q; Sweet! This place rocks, no rules!
A: Easy tiger, you can sell anything you want. But what this forum isn't here for are large/repeated production runs of items to be sold, either personally(pseudo business like) or in full business trim. This forum is here to give people an outlet, for free, to sell or buy some kickass parts from time to time. It's not meant to be a jumpstarting point for anyone's business or vacations.... although I could deal with a nice full vacation package to the alps for a month or so :D Thus, no outside advertising or promotion for any business is allowed without expressed permission from JShadzi or newt.

Q: Doh! Well then why do you suck so much?? If person B can provide me with the parts out of his garage all day long with no overhead, I can get it cheaper anytime I want and thats always better, right!??
A: Because what person B is doing with zero overhead. zero margin and zero plan for the future is never going to allow anything 'better' to come of it. Someone has to make money to spend on development somewhere to get the next generation of latest and greatest out. If Person B wants to sell parts and make a living, they are perfectly free to do so. It just isn't perfectly free money-wise to maintain a business that can provide a trusted level of support and trust for the community.

Q: What if I'm a genius, and I have access to really amazing ideas and resources that can benefit the community and the voices in my head!??!
A: Well, you're not outta luck 8) Chances are, many of you have cool ideas, skills and resources, and no one likes cool parts more than your's truly. Despite having these skills and whatnot, chances are you're not too psyched about collecting money from lots of different people, shipping boxes and getting customer support calls - that's where we can help. If you have a good idea, let us know, and we'll work with you to produce it, and buy a quantity from you, and let you get back to the product development and on to the next cool idea to rock the world-wide Horsepower wars.

Q: Well this still doesn't make much sense, can I ask more questions??
A: You sure can, fire me a PM or email any time of the day.

NOTE: These rules apply to the Motorgeek forum as a whole, not just the swap meet.

See less See more
#2 ·
- There is no spamming or commercial solicitation of any kind allowed on our site other than authorized individuals with express permission from the moderators and/or staff. Any such messages violating these terms will be removed at the discretion of the moderators and/or staff.

- Selling of individual items or vehicle is permissible by a private owner in our Swap Meet forums, however selling multiple items of the same product is considered a commercial post and will be removed at the discretion of the moderators and/or staff.

- Personal classifieds belong in the Swap Meet forum and not any of the main forums. If classifieds are posted in the main forums, they will be removed at the discretion of the moderators and/or staff.

#3 ·
- Vehicle parting Many of us come into cars from time to time where we need a couple of key parts and purchase the whole thing as the only option. Then we're stuck with a car that needs to go away and selling off most of it is definitely the easiest and best way to go about this. However, if you're beyond that point and actively looking at cars and saying "I could make some bucks parting that out on Motorgeek". Please just say no. Motorgeek isn't a used car part business front, theres plenty of wrecking yards out there with business models you can emulate. A car here and there that you needed to part for some items you need, or your SO stuffed into the side of the McBurger drive-through, totally fine. Just buying cars for the sake of parting them out and turning a quick buck time and time again, please seek other means.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.