motorgeek.com :: Socially inappropriate motoring information.
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: Motorgeek Madness :: Projects
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build

Author Message
 Post subject: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:56 pm 
Offline
Stuck in first

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:26 am
Posts: 47
Location: NJ
Car started getting dismantled last Monday...The car is at AMS Autowerks in Linden, NJ and they are making great progress on the car...They are trying their hardest to get it all done to bring down to Waterfest this year...I will try to post as much pics as I can of the progress, so here it goes.


First off, picture of my car
Image

Dismantled motor, Block
Image

Pic of motor with manifolds before accesories
Image

Painted block and Adapter plate
Image

Flywheel
Image

Attached wastegate vband directly to manifold
Image

Beginning of shaved engine bay
Image

Turbo
Image

Image

Oil Cooler

Image

Intercooler

Image

Image

Primered Engine Bay

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 pm 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:19 am
Posts: 7457
Location: sideways into a snowbank, VT
holy crap!!!!! I saw your car at ocean city and wondered what the engine was!!! I was in my nice pearl 20vt 90, but i dont think you saw me. Fantastic car!! now its even more awesome!

_________________
Dana

-1990 90q 1.9tdi swap in progress
-4kq efi 10vt<- sold
-99.5 f250 6-speed superdooty diesel
-1990 90q 20vt: 3b swap >sold
-1990 90q 20vt: 11.7 @124.5 >sold
lots of other audis that are long gone


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 pm 
Offline
Stuck in first

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:26 am
Posts: 47
Location: NJ
Thanks!!! Hope to make it back to H20 again this year...and hopefully the weather is better too...But right now just getting ready for Waterfest...I have more updated pics but ofcourse my phone isn't letting me upload the pictures to my computer.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 am 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:53 pm
Posts: 4839
Location: Johnson, VT
beautiful build!! I drooled over your car last year at WF and H20.. Glad to see someone doing a B4 90 some justice!

_________________
Casey O

Current Attire:
-1991 200 20vt - GT35 and 24psi
-2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI Tech Pkg 6 Speed
-1996 Audi Cabriolet 5 Speed Wife's Project


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 am 
Offline
mach 2 with my hair on fire

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:29 am
Posts: 1268
Very nice,

Thanks for sharing.

Should be awesome when its' done.

Cheers,

Craig


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:43 am 
Offline
I sprinkle rubber on my Cherios
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 489
Location: Owasso, OK
Car looks great. Will be watching.

_________________
Brent
1991 CQ - Project Car


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:18 am 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm
Posts: 9667
Location: Jupiter/Gainesville, Fl
glad this made it here! Love this project

_________________
-Chris
'91 200 20vtq BIG turbo/de-stroke/revver project
'01 ///M5
'94 530i (baby V8) daily beater... maybe rear-mount turbo soon ;)

Image


Top
 Profile Facebook 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:17 am 
Offline
I sprinkle rubber on my Cherios

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 326
This project makes me very happy in pants!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 pm 
Offline
Stuck in first

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:26 am
Posts: 47
Location: NJ
Awesome comments, thanks everyone...here is a pic from a couple of hours ago, right before pulling out the motor again so that we can spray the engine bay.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 am 
Offline
mach 2 with my hair on fire

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:05 pm
Posts: 1961
Location: Highland, NY
precision 6765 t4?

what are you doing for engine management?

_________________
||-1990 Audi90Q-||-2.0L20v-||-6765 .81 T4-||-LugTronic-||-ID 2kCC's-||-e85-||-32psi-||
||-10.7@136-||-1.76 60FT-||-32psi-||-255/40/17 street tires-||
http://www.youtube.com/user/zerbmedia


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:08 am 
Offline
Lets get freaky 8)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:29 pm
Posts: 7518
Location: In flip flops - SoCal
Comments? Alex pretty much summed it up:

Europrice wrote:
This project makes me very happy in pants!



:stupid:

Very nice build. Are you going to start tracking the car or is this more for street/show?

_________________
Jimmy G
'89 90tq the "vomit comet"
'01 A6, the "ocho"
Original web page


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am 
Offline
mach 2 with my hair on fire
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 1433
Location: Devon, England
Sweet project 8)

Is that a Coupe front end or something about the camera angle? It looks different to a normal B4 :?

_________________
Racecar: noun - a hole in the road in to which money is poured


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:30 pm 
Offline
Stuck in first

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:26 am
Posts: 47
Location: NJ
I am running 034 IIc engine management...and the turbo is a precision 6262 with a .68 hotside and ofcourse ball bearing.

I would like to track the car since I have replaced most of every single bushing in the car and I have KW variant 3's...but for now my main focus is getting it running good and hoping the motor takes it :-) Ill try to get some pics up of the bottom of the car. But if I do go track it will be just for fun and nothing serious

The front end is all B4...it just has a S2 coupe bumper...maybe it looks different to you because the whole car has been shaved...not sure but it is all B4

The bay should be painted today when I go to the shop so I will post some pics tonight


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:33 pm 
Offline
I post, therefore I am

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 6606
Location: Provo, UTAH
Looks awesome man. Perhaps I need to start looking for a b4!!!

When you say shaved, did you shave the handles? Good luck getting tracks to let you run. It is usually in every rule book I have ever seen.

_________________
Hank
81 URQ 20vt 612whp/527wtq


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 pm 
Offline
mach 2 with my hair on fire
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 1433
Location: Devon, England
SonaxEvo2 wrote:
The front end is all B4...it just has a S2 coupe bumper...maybe it looks different to you because the whole car has been shaved...not sure but it is all B4


Its the bumper that does it then. I like it :-)

_________________
Racecar: noun - a hole in the road in to which money is poured


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 pm 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:43 pm
Posts: 6844
Location: Oregon somewhere
ShavedQuattro wrote:
Looks awesome man. Perhaps I need to start looking for a b4!!!

When you say shaved, did you shave the handles? Good luck getting tracks to let you run. It is usually in every rule book I have ever seen.

:stupid:

my first track car i had to get different doors as the handles were shaved....

looks good.

_________________
nothing. at all. nothing to see. never done nothing and never will do nothing.

just an E-thug bench racer who thinks too highly of himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:07 pm 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:36 pm
Posts: 6142
Location: Thornton, Co
speeding-g60 wrote:
ShavedQuattro wrote:
Looks awesome man. Perhaps I need to start looking for a b4!!!

When you say shaved, did you shave the handles? Good luck getting tracks to let you run. It is usually in every rule book I have ever seen.

:stupid:

my first track car i had to get different doors as the handles were shaved....

looks good.


Image

Looks like the trim has been shaved.

_________________
Ed Hankin *All posts subject to inaccuracy due to multi-tasking and iPhone.
Image
If you own a 1990 or 1991 Audi Coupe Quattro and live in North America please add it to the registry!


Top
 Profile Facebook 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:52 pm 
Offline
Stuck in first

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:26 am
Posts: 47
Location: NJ
sorry for the confusion, the handles are 100% stock, i meant the trim around the car


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:03 pm 
Offline
mach 2 with my hair on fire

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:05 pm
Posts: 1961
Location: Highland, NY
beautiful car.

i assume you'll be keeping the stock 01a in there and destroying it in quick fashion with that boosted vr?

_________________
||-1990 Audi90Q-||-2.0L20v-||-6765 .81 T4-||-LugTronic-||-ID 2kCC's-||-e85-||-32psi-||
||-10.7@136-||-1.76 60FT-||-32psi-||-255/40/17 street tires-||
http://www.youtube.com/user/zerbmedia


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:06 pm 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm
Posts: 9667
Location: Jupiter/Gainesville, Fl
This kinda makes me wonder if the 200 would look good with shaved rubs

_________________
-Chris
'91 200 20vtq BIG turbo/de-stroke/revver project
'01 ///M5
'94 530i (baby V8) daily beater... maybe rear-mount turbo soon ;)

Image


Top
 Profile Facebook 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:14 pm 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:26 pm
Posts: 11490
Location: Findlay, Ohio
You can't Chris, those are actually your side impact beams. There are depressions in the doors to accommodate the several inch thick beams......

_________________
http://coupe.gofergusons.org
'07 Q7 4.2
'98 A6q
'98 A4tq
'90 CQ


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 pm 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 5557
Location: Chicago
Great looking car!

_________________
Mark Siggelkow
'90 CQ-R - NASA GTS-4
'13 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Platinum
'12 TT-RS (Wife's DD)
'00 A4 1.8TQ
'62 356B (vintage racer)


Image


Top
 Profile Facebook 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:17 am 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm
Posts: 9667
Location: Jupiter/Gainesville, Fl
oh haha OK. Well maybe on the 90 then.

_________________
-Chris
'91 200 20vtq BIG turbo/de-stroke/revver project
'01 ///M5
'94 530i (baby V8) daily beater... maybe rear-mount turbo soon ;)

Image


Top
 Profile Facebook 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:37 pm 
Offline
mach 2 with my hair on fire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 1672
Location: Roseville, MN
I like how you roll..... just sayin


This is pretty much how I would put together a B4.

The B5 S4 side skirts are a nice touch too, did you have to shorten them?

_________________
2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6spd
1990 CQ [S2 Project]
1996 Passat TDI -SOLD
1990 CQ -SOLD
1995 Audi S6 -GONE
1993 90 quattro sport [gf's car]-SOLD
1989 80 quattro [DD/first car]-SOLD
1984 4ktq project -SOLD
http://www.imolamotorsports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.coroflot.com/hanicus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 am 
Offline
I post, therefore I am
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:31 pm
Posts: 6750
Location: East Germany, NH
:drool:

B O I N GGGG!

_________________
Time to make the effin' donuts sucka! Image

95 90q
01 S4 Avant TIPTRON BISHES!
03 Aprilia Caponord

Image


Last edited by Alloutofdonuts on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: Motorgeek Madness :: Projects

Jump to:  



Information

Users browsing this forum: derekste and 12 guests



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
  |  It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:12 pm
Share |