motorgeek.com :: Socially inappropriate motoring information.
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: Motorgeek Madness :: Projects

Donuts '95 90q Turbo 'The Zombie'

Post subject: Donuts '95 90q Turbo 'The Zombie'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:21 pm 
I post, therefore I am

This is just a progress thread...just so I can keep track of what I've done to it. I'm thinking about putting a Holset in it soon...

The story begins, I traded this car for a VR6 engine swap a few years ago(~2008?) and it's been my DD for most of that. It's a beater for sure, but for what little I've invested into it, it really hasn't let me down and owes me nothing at this point. It might probably be my favorite car so far! We have a good working relationship lol. Never had/have to worry about it getting unpretty-er. Hard to explain, but I just really like the car and it suits me well.

This is what it looked like when I got it:

OOOO00ooooooh black and white aint you fancy! :P

You can't see it but the passenger side of the front bumper was pretty cracked up, I had pics of the zip tie stitch job for laughs but can't find it now. The hood and passenger fender where also mashed up a bit, and the headlights were loose and floppy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the drive home I noticed it was going to need some work right off. RR upper control arm bushings [both inner & outer], all front C/A bush, RR camber link(which I broke the bolt taking it out -that was a PITFA). Did all that. Control arms I cleaned up w/wire wheel, then PoR15 them and back in business.

A few month later it needed front ball joints & swaybar links, then another month it needed the rears lol. I just noticed last week (less than 2 years later) the FSWB links boots are dry rotted and cracked like they was 15 years old(lower only, uppers still look good).

Also was throwing the TPS code, tested it and it was junk. While I was at it I cleaned it out and lubed it up. Amazing how it ran at all gunked up it was(no before pics ..dur!):

I also added a vacuum line to the intake and syphon filtered a can of sea-foam thru the intake. That was fun! It ran a little rough before but smoother after and MPG went up noticeably.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not long after I got it I found a kid on CL selling a couple sets of 17" wheels for a good price so I snatched those up(4x108 hard to find). One set was AT Italia Gunmetal color, the other was OZ copies by SSW, athough they are really light like the OZ's so I guess they wanted them to be accurate copies? hah :D

I liked the AT's and never had seen them before on an Audi but ended up selling them to GoldenCQ. At the time I really needed the $ more. I wish that I could have held onto them for summer wheels.

On the car(dusty):

Still have these tho[suPah light] and as you can see the tires have almost no tread which makes for fun in the rain:

When I picked up the wheels he told me he had parted another B4 with a bunch of goodies leftover. IncludingRS2 headlights & ae FG bumper that was cracked up on the bottom --but I gave that away. He also had a complete( subframe, rear diff, uprights, everything) suspension w/Koni adjustables and Eibach springs for $400 IIRC, but he sold it before I could get back up there. That's ok tho, I made my $ back and then some(including gas to get there and back 3 times) just selling the doors and trunk haha. Sometimes things work out! I also got the door panels but they didn't fit, not even close (both B4 cars). :?

RS2 lights w/tucked front bumper and new hood:

Yes he painted the turn signals and yes I cut the back to put actual turn signals in it so sue me :roll: .
It will also have an S2 or RS2, or something-better-than-the-stock-bumper eventually though.

SummAr tires(Toyota Proxes FZ4) awaiting Summer wheels:

Around about when I got these wheels I installed a stud kit, because they needed different taper bolts anyway, and spacers/hub rings. So I got the longest studs they make LOL! Makes it fun to swap wheels heh. :roll: :oops:

Also, around that time(summer 2010)I replaced the Suspension w/Bilstein Sports and Weitec front springs(in the pics above)-I cut the rears to match :tard: . Thems are tooooo low!

Way too low for the winter like that! I already went thru last winter in misery, it needed a lift! I raised the rears via the clips & swapped out the front suspension with a spare set of uprights/stock springs. But one side the shoch was seized...CARP! Yes the fish, carp! So the coilover project has been pushed to the top of the list!!!

Orderved me some 034 track destiny upper strut mounts to go with the track dancecity trance mounts. Waiting on the threaded sleeves, upper/lower perch from QA1 and then I can complete the fronts. Already stripped the spare uprights, wire wheelied 'em back to bare steel and welded the stop rings on so these bad larrys are ready to go once I PoR15 em.

While was in thur I did the subframe bushings. Only b'cuzz they were rotted bad enough to move around the subframe so I replaced 'em w /034 Alyoumineeum...nice! I didn't take any pics of them but they look like this! WOW! lol :wink: They don't show it on the site(must be being modest), but each one has '034 motorsport' lazer beamed into it on the other side and it looks pretty sweet I think.

The rears just fell out but the fronts had to get some chizel :x . Note that the bolt has not yet been loosened in these pics, the bushen is just falling out(junk):

Other side:

Newy:

For the not fun maintenance:

This fall I had an all-of-a-sudden overheating issue. Found it to be the (plastic)impellAr on the H20 pump was just spinning on the shaft, and the t.belt was super loose, as in I could almost get it off the sprocket by hand. Hmmm :o. Hah not that it would matter as I could get another one of these pos engines for $100-$200 bucks. Hah! Naw, I'm only kidding! I luvs these boat anchors! So anywho, did the complete service to it [pump, belt, t'stat, rollers, tensioners, temp sensors, etc. etc.]. When I tore it down the old t'stat also fell apart. I checked what was left and it was stuck shut.

It currently has a pretty bad oil leak out of the selector rod seal, that needs to be addressed(should be nearly out of fluid by now :P ). And the oil pan gasket(s) and maybe the lower oil pan are leakers as well(among other areas including the piston rings ha). But all this gets in the way of the turbo'ing, BBK, 3" ss exhaust upgrade, etc :roll: .

Last month I was short on rent $ so I cut off the cats(only one was intact ...DOH) and welded some leftover pipes from the S4 in their place. The center muffler was leaking in about 16 places so I nixed that too. What I didn't realize was the rear muffler was clapped out, now it sounds like total shit from 1800-3200 RPM HAHA. Wait that's not funny... :( lol. So I'll need to make or bake an exhaust soon(will be 3" SS) or at least before the end of March when inspection's due.

On the interior, It was pretty frigged up. The drivers seat was bent and the metal was exposed, it was very uncomfortable and junky looking! The drivers door card wood peeled off so something will need to be done there [later]. Rear seats got hacked out with a saw by the PO so they need to get replaced too (they must have lost the key).

So anywho since I had a nice passenger side S4 seat sitting on my porch, I thought it would be nice to use it, although the cat liked sleeping in it alot. But the wrong part of it was it's a passenger side, of COURSE! It ended up going in easier than I thought it would tho. I used the 90's base and the s4 front brackets bolted up. I made a 1" spacer for one side on the rear and of course swapped over the seatbelt. Oh and I had to break off a couple little brackets on the right side of the seat(where the controls bolted to) so it wouldn't hang up on the center/tunnel console. That's it! EASY! The only thing was the controls [because it's electric], right now it's just sitting on the floor so that will need to get moved and maybe have to extend the wires to some place else. But the heater and everything works. I'm happy! It looks cleaner without the controls on the side too IMO. Of course it would have been simpler still had it been the correct side but it wasn't. It just wasn't. OKAY?! Leave me alone you son of a bitch.

I took the opportunity to clean it out while the seat was out. It's surprising how dirty a car can get with 'normal' use. Then you get used to it and don't realize just how nasty it is! It's not show car material by any means(don't care) but it's much, much cleaner now, and less embarassing. :-)

I started painting it this summer when I had spare time. Doing it panel by panel or a few at a time depending on how ambitches I felt. I was going to get all the jams done but it was taking too long and I wanted as mush as possible of the outside done before winter. As of right now the only parts left that are green is the roof and the passenger side front door jam & inner door, & the trunk jam.

Kind of a pisser because I spent a few hours sandblasting all the rust around the windsheild, but then it got cold again before I could paint it :x :( . The front bumper and hood are still silver but the paint is good quality so I don't mind it for now. Plus it's 'kind of' colored like the Stasis(?) or Audi touring S4 race cars lol.

I decided on red(duh) but I might change it to Nogaro, that's a good color too. Lots of work to rattle can w/clear coat then buff n' shine. Lot's of sanding! But not that much more than normal as the dust and stuff is limited doing it panel by panel and the paint dries really fast. By 'normal' I mean painting a car with a gun but not in a booth. I just wanted to see how good I could get it to turn out this way and didn't have $ or time or a proper place to paint it the 'right' way. Probably the hardest part is the fact that the can doesn't put out any where near the volume of a gun so on larger areas you have to apply a lot of coats, then sand to see where it is lighter/showing thru to the primer, then coat that area again, then sand again to uniform for clear coat, etc. Waiting the recommended 3-5 days to clear makes things a pita too(re-masking, cleaning dirt, bugs, etc. again and again!). Overall it works but as you would imagine there are pros and cons -like anything.

Of course the paint won't stand up as well as real stuff too. To help with that I might clear it with real urethane w/my gun this spring or summer, we'll see. If I have access to heated shop space this winter I might get the rest done, that would be nice as it looks like hell the way it is :wtf: . As of now all the red has been cleared and buffed to a nice shine. It still needs some touch up here and there but not visable unless I point it out.

How it looks now, this side is done(cleared and buffed):

Sanded color for clearing, (in the pic the front is cleared and buffed already, trunk and bumper are cleared but not buffed, rear 1/4 & door are sanded):

More pics of the painting can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/69315310@N ... 013751827/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wheels I am drooling over but not in the budget at this time:

$600/set isn't bad but too much for me. Gunmetal looks nice.

Also $600 dark bronze looks great imo.

My fav's, also come in white, but @ $1330 + $465 shipping a bit too rich for me until I win the lotto heh.

01 S4 Avant TIPTRON BISHES!{RIP}
03 Aprilia Caponord

Last edited by Alloutofdonuts on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Donuts '95 90q [next up: suspension]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:27 pm 
I post, therefore I am

Picked up the exhuast tonight. Was originally for the A4 but had it modded to fit my 90. Not super cheap, but betterurr than any ebay system I would have bought. Going to go back when I get my tax return and buy more stuffs from the guy. Nice guy too. Always nice to find another local Audi gearhead.

It's a one piece unit from the flexpipe back so it just barley fit in the wagon lol. Hopefully I'll get time this week to put it on because my exhaust is super annoying right now. It's wear-a-disguise-juvenile-type-noise. :dur: :oops:

I'll have to make new DP's and get a cat too (and maybe a turbo lol) so it may not go on the car this week :( dangit!

Also the front suspension is fairly dangerous to drive but I'm *kinda* used to it by now. The thing is it changes with the weather, literally :o !! When it's cold it's pretty consistant: when you accelerate the steering wheel goes about 90* to the right while the car darts to the left. When you let off it does the opposite. Also when it warms up a little this can change drastically and the road effects it more too. Anyway it will be good to have the coilovers in it and aligned so it's not such a nightmare to drive anymore. :wink:

03 Aprilia Caponord

Last edited by Alloutofdonuts on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:28 pm 
I post, therefore I am

mine

Side by side you can see where the hangers needed to be added or removed. For some dumb reason I didn't take any pics after I modified it. Maybe I was sick of taking it off and putting it back on after welding and all that. Note, the stock system had the cats and mid muffler replaced w/straight pipe.

Other:
+1 point for me; ordered coilover parts today...have to finish sandblasting the hard to reach areas on the front strut housings and then POR15 or have powdercoated. :-)

Progress... :thumbsup: :wink:

I decided to put this exhaust on my 90.... It's ss 3" from the cats back and smaller 2" from the DP's to the cat. Magnaflow SS mid muffler and Aero turbine SS rear muffler. I cut about 12" or so off the front, where it goes up. Then welded the flex pipe back in, removed the middle hanger, and added 2 more onto the rear muffler. Also the hanger on the tranny I made using brackets I cut off the cats. I had to make the pipes from the bottom of the subframe back, they're not the purdiest but they don't leak and should be ok for now. I had a 2 & 3/4" SS cat I put in too so no more stink. All the temporary areas will be redid after the turbo is in and located.

Throttle response is a lot quicker, and itfeels like it has more power, I was pretty sure the rear muffler was clogged with the metal baffles and fiberglass shit inside of it that had collapsed/blown apart. You could hear it rattling around and it had waaaay less pressure.

The only negative of the new system is it has a REALLY loud drone inside from like 1200 rpms to 3200 rpms, where before it was only really annoying from 3000-3500 rpm. DOH! Not sure how it sounds outside yet though. I'm sure it can't sound as annoying & raspy as it did before.

As money allows I'll put a V-band after the flexpipe and a 3" cat v-banded on both sides. Then smaller v-bands just bellow the manifold flange on the downpipes. From the DP's I can make an elbow for turbos or crossover pipe for 1 turbo. I may end up putting a 2.7T in it but that's a while down the road yet.

I'll have to do something and soon because I'll be deaf in a month of driving this bitch the way it is now! One step forward, and two steps back. :curses:

A turbo would quiet it down a little, maybe an ebay self destructing unit. That will have to be when I have the backup DD running for when the engine blows haha :lol:

Edit again: Found out....Yes it's f*cking loud outside of it as well. Kind of surprising w/2 muffs and a cat. Granted the rear is a stright thru but still...it's F()CKING loud as F()CK!!! If 2 turbos don't quiet it down some then sheeeit I'll have to hack out the rear muffy and put in a silenter one haha.

Oh ya, at this point I'm leaning on toward 2 turbos (or just a full 2.7T swap. I think it would be easier to thread the DP's than 1 bigger pipe on the right. It will make for more work making oil/water lines/pipes and intercooler pipes but I'd rather deal with that than exhaust under the prick. I don't see how guys do it with the way the subframe is set up...?

Just day dreaming for now, we'll see what happens. Or rather, I'll see what happens lol.

03 Aprilia Caponord

Last edited by Alloutofdonuts on Sat May 18, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:28 pm 
I post, therefore I am

mine

Got the parts from A1 to finish the suspension the other day. Front coilovers are blasted, painted, built, and installed in the car. I think I'll take the helper springs out tho as the springs are long enough to not flop when unweighted. But what relief to not be dangerous anymore! Just need to get aligned and it'll be all good. :wink:

I have the parts for the rears but not sure it's the right size. I'll have to wait until I either have more than a weekend to take it apart just in case, or the backup car is done and driving.

Painted with POR15:

Sleeves cut to the right size and sealed up with RTV:

Ready to assemble with 034 track density upper mounts. The knife is for slicing nipples in case you were curious.

Assembled with 375# Eibach springs cannibalized from a MK1 VW coilover kit.

And the 034 track destiny tranny mounts. It took me a day or two to get used to the new drivetrain vibes but I kind of like it now....wierd... :wtf: . I also noticed right away that the short shifter feels better and it shifts better, more precise. I'm happy with them and will get some for the rear diff soon.

03 Aprilia Caponord

Last edited by Alloutofdonuts on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:33 pm 
I post, therefore I am

me

[3/27/12]:Got the roof sanded, hopefully when it warms up again I'll have time to get it painted! The rest of the body still needs some touch up here and there too. I'll be glad when it's all one color(or 2 llol) :thumbsup:

Wheels are getting painted black at some point too. Plastidip, then maybe gloss black or just gloss. Should look sharp imo, but just in case it can come off. :D

[4/27/12]: Plasti-dipped the 17" wheels, came out ok but not gloss.

[5/27/12]: Finally got the car back home from storage, been driving the new daily for a while now('99 A4 Avant). Got the roof painted, up to the windshield anyway. Sandblasted(AGAIN!) the rust around the windshield and finally treated it w/POR-15. Used some por15 bondo to fill the sandblasted areas and smooth it out. Hopefully it's all good and next spring I won't have to sandblast anything and can just paint it. This will be a good test lol. Oh and I need a sunroof gasket if anyone has one, mine got mangled when I treid to take it out to paint the roof haha.

This is what it looks like as of now. If you look close you can see the gloss stops near the LR tail light. I wet sanded, then buffed up to that point last year.

Better shot of gloss. Of course, it looks better in person(according to me lol). But I wish I had done away with the antenna while I was at it, now I'll have to re-paint the entire 1/4.....FOHCK!

[6/3/12]: Got the rear suspension out and completed the coilovers, going back in tomorrow.

03 Aprilia Caponord

Last edited by Alloutofdonuts on Sat May 18, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:34 pm 
I post, therefore I am

me

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:35 pm 
I post, therefore I am

me

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 pm 
I post, therefore I am

not

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:37 pm 
I post, therefore I am

yours

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:37 pm 
I post, therefore I am

but

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:38 pm 
I post, therefore I am

mine

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:39 pm 
I post, therefore I am

lol

03 Aprilia Caponord

Post subject: Re: Donuts '95 90q TURBO or bust(and/or lol)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:12 am 
Redline?

:) :) I will go with POR15 to paint my strut housing too

South Bend IN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:27 pm 
I post, therefore I am

It's good ****. It has held up well on anything I've put it on. I've heard people say it peels off, I think only it could be they did not prep correctly or follow the directions.

To anybody that cares, this project is back from the dead! I couldn't sell it, even for $500 which is less than just the shocks cost, & I couldn't bring myself to crush it. So I dub it; "The Wart" lol. Right now I'm thinking about painting it desert tan, fender flares, need to build another exhaust for it, get some wheels. 1.8t swap is looming but I need to get a turbo and some other bits.

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:01 am 
Redline?

haha good!

South Bend IN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 am 
Redline?

Did you also cut the rear bumper to make it shorter like the front?

South Bend IN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:35 am 
I post, therefore I am

Yup. I just 'decompressed' the shocks.

Got some E-codes w/clear markers to replace the A4 lights I wanked up to fit. I wish I hadn't sold the RS2 lights, they looked sooooo much cooler than these. Oh well tho. I might put some Mirimoto retrofits in these.

Actually that brings up the question, for anyone that has done a retrofit in E-codes. Did you replace the lense with one of the smooth/clear poly ones? The glass is so fluted on these I imagine even a legit retrofit kit would look like sh**(heh).

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:38 pm 
I post, therefore I am

Got some parts on the way for this thing, mostly just maintenance and other not-so-fun or go fast items, but it'll get it closer to being back on the road. I'm hoping my inspiration will keep growing for this as it's been a dead horse for a long time. I replaced the headlights, again. Now it has RS2 lights in it, AGAIN lol. The trunk wiring repair I did when I first got the car needs a revisit because the tail lights aren't working. Has anyone done a writeup on a different method for that? I was thinking I'd probably get a new universal (however many pin it is) connector set for the trunk and just run new wires past the spot that breaks the wires(into the trunk lid) with some tuff sheathing.

I'm also wondering about the S2 fiberglass bumpers that are on eBay. I saw a thread about them being pretty sucky, but that was in like 2009 so maybe the manufacturer has improved or maybe it's a different person altogether? It's like less then $200 shipped but then again I don't remember the S2 of bumpers being crazy $... . ANYBODY?

03 Aprilia Caponord

Post subject: Re: Donuts '95 90q Turbo 'The Zombie'
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:49 pm 
I post, therefore I am

All the fiberglass ones are pretty crappy. Figuring out how to mount them can be a treat as well. The only plus side is they are cheap, so replacing it every couple years when it cracks up and falls apart won't be so bad.

That being said, with the price of OEM S2 bumpers going up, I may look into one of these myself.

York PA
1991 Audi 80 quattro (10vt project)
2007 Mitsubishi Raider(Dakota in disguise)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:40 pm 
I post, therefore I am

Ya that's something I didn't think of too, snowballs. Fiberglass doesn't hold up well to them, or anything for that matter lol. I've fitted fiberglass body kits before and ya again that wasn't so much fun.

I just can't stand the look of the stock NA bumper. Maybe I'll go full retard and fit the bottom half of another bumper on. Subaru RS? Thats been done before I think??

Edit- for spell checker changing snowbanks to snowballs lol.

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:21 am 
mach 2 with my hair on fire

Alloutofdonuts wrote:
Yup. I just 'decompressed' the shocks.

Got some E-codes w/clear markers to replace the A4 lights I wanked up to fit. I wish I hadn't sold the RS2 lights, they looked sooooo much cooler than these. Oh well tho. I might put some Mirimoto retrofits in these.

Actually that brings up the question, for anyone that has done a retrofit in E-codes. Did you replace the lense with one of the smooth/clear poly ones? The glass is so fluted on these I imagine even a legit retrofit kit would look like sh**(heh).

the only decent aftermarket B4 bumper is the Rieger RS2 one - its made of ABS.
Problem is you still have to fab your own mounts, but I think it might be worth buying a CQ or B4 euro bumper, carefully removing the inner section which contains the mounts, and bonding the entire inner part to the outer RS2 skin

As to the trunk wiring repair - there should be a bunch of posts on Audiworld or Quattroworld..

1991 Coupe Q Silver/Black (perpetual eS2 project)
1991 Coupe Q Silver/Platinum
1991 Coupe Q Pearl/Black Shell

http://www.naaclub.org

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 am 
Redline?

Alloutofdonuts wrote:
Got some parts on the way for this thing, mostly just maintenance and other not-so-fun or go fast items, but it'll get it closer to being back on the road. I'm hoping my inspiration will keep growing for this as it's been a dead horse for a long time. I replaced the headlights, again. Now it has RS2 lights in it, AGAIN lol. The trunk wiring repair I did when I first got the car needs a revisit because the tail lights aren't working. Has anyone done a writeup on a different method for that? I was thinking I'd probably get a new universal (however many pin it is) connector set for the trunk and just run new wires past the spot that breaks the wires(into the trunk lid) with some tuff sheathing.

I'm also wondering about the S2 fiberglass bumpers that are on eBay. I saw a thread about them being pretty sucky, but that was in like 2009 so maybe the manufacturer has improved or maybe it's a different person altogether? It's like less then $200 shipped but then again I don't remember the S2 of bumpers being crazy $... . ANYBODY?

can you see where wire is broken? if you are good with an ohmmeter you can solve that problem fairly quickly.

South Bend IN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:20 am 
Redline?

euro B4/S2 bumper are getting expensive. down the road it looks like fiberglass bumper are going to be only option and buy a spare just in case. even the rieger bumper is still very expensive. my S5 bumper cover doesnt cost that much..lol

South Bend IN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:25 pm 
I post, therefore I am

CoupeMaster wrote:
Alloutofdonuts wrote:

can you see where wire is broken? if you are good with an ohmmeter you can solve that problem fairly quickly.

Ya I actually 'repaired' it when I first got it using crimp connectors. It's right where the struts attach to the trunk. They were hard & brittle way back then so I knew it would need a better fix eventually. I think just running all new wires is probably the best solution.

03 Aprilia Caponord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 am 
Redline?

Alloutofdonuts wrote:

can you see where wire is broken? if you are good with an ohmmeter you can solve that problem fairly quickly.[/quote]

Ya I actually 'repaired' it when I first got it using crimp connectors. It's right where the struts attach to the trunk. They were hard & brittle way back then so I knew it would need a better fix eventually. I think just running all new wires is probably the best solution.[/quote]

running new wires is what I would do. at least you won't have to worry anymore.

Now the ebay fiberglass bumper you are eyeballing, they are selling and shipping from eastern Europe, right? is there any in the States you have seen?

South Bend IN

Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: Motorgeek Madness :: Projects

Jump to:  

Information