Automobiles Forum banner

Re: Jim Green's 90q 20vt - Spring Update

339K views 2K replies 188 participants last post by  pkw 
#1 ·
:Update: I will be slowly adding the most recent pics and links to various stages of the project on this first page:

Fender Project

B5 S4 side skirts mounting tabs shaved, stock length of 73.25" fits perfect
- http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7118&start=1663

UrS4/6 front fender flares on all 4 corners.
- http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7118&start=1884

RS2 Fiberglass front bumper
S2 Rear bumper

Motor build history, updated items in bold

-MC block overbored with a derracuda special NG crank
-034 Motorsport connecting rods
-Wiseco 83mm 8.5:1 CR pistons
-ARP main studs
-Baffled 7A oil pan
-Mildly ported, polished and rebuilt with new valves 7A head machined for 3B cooling manifold
-LW AFC Lifters
-034 Motorsport HD Valve Springs
-034 Motorsport 20v Tube Header
-Tial 44mm WG
-034 Motorsport Intake Manifold with 3B TB
-034 Motorsport Fuel Rail
-034 Motorsport ignition coils
-Bosch 044 Fuel Pump with -6 fuel lines
-RS BOV
-One "My car can kick your car's ass" T-shirt
-Fidanza 016 MC2 FW -> 034 Steel 01E LW FW with 60-2 trigger
-KEP 6 puck metallic clutch with a Centerforce PP -> 034 Motorsport Billet Clutch with 6 puck sprung hub
-65 lb. fuel injectors, -> 75 lb
-034 Motorsport High Output Turbo -> GT35R with anti surge housing & .82 hotside -> PTE5857BB with .63 hotside
-016 Transmission #3 -> 95.5 01E Transmission with wide first gear -> 2001 2.7tt 01E 6-speed Transmission

Current Dyno

See less See more
#3 ·
There's a big box next to my desk here with a Mr. Jim Green's name on it, waiting for Mr. Brown..... hmmmmm what could be in this here box.... hmmmm... it's pretty big too :p

#6 ·
After reading your parts list I can't stand up for a few minutes without risking embarassment and gawking stares...

#18 ·
dets said:
I wonder if Jim's engine will rival Javad's???

The first motorgeek shootout, i can see it now.....

Good luck Jim! Looking forward to a good read
We should have a top quattro dyno thread or page. That would be good. We could track peoples progress and list your specs along with your dyno. That way people can see what works and what kind of power band results from certain combinations.

Btw, I should be right in the thick of things before javad goes 42r :)

Also, has anyone seen the AMS EVO with gt42r video on the street. :eek:

http://media.ams-evo8.com/amsonthestreet.wmv

Thats a 2.0L 4G63 also :)

#19 ·
I'm not really out to gun anyone down with this project, that was what I had the 10v for, gunning down 20v's. :-D Obviously the 20v will be quicker, but it should make 400 whp without breaking a sweat. I'll be running the same turbo Javad made 455 whp with for starters. I expect to see less due to the altitude, but how much less is something I can't wait to figure out.

So, this is still my daily driver, the thing was a handfull with 360 whp on the street, I think 450 whp on pump gas and WI is a good target, and with the right GT turbo (35R?)I should be able to keep the boost threshold down to it where it is now.

I also picked up another 7A head without cams last weekfor $100, which is nice because I can start building on it while the other head is at the machine shop.

#20 ·
I have maybe half of the parts on your list (the cheap half), but I'd be real interested in how you managed to get the wife to leave for a week to give you some real car time. The list is just money which comparatively is easy. That said I am impressed Jim. A ride at Pikes next year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.