Automobiles Forum banner

a v8 vanagon!

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  vr6jett 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
That has got to be a LOT of fun. I've seen some WRX motors in them and they flew so im assuming that that van must be a blast!!!

#6 ·
Back in the day the Porsche Teams had trouble getting the mechanics to the track on time. They were using VW transporters to shuttle them to the various venues.
Their answer was to install a 6-cylinder Porsche motor where the flat 4 had been.
This would seem to be a natural progression from that.

#7 ·
hell, if you trim that hatch back to the front row you can fit just about anything in there right?

.... does audi still own lamborghini??

#8 ·
TECH48 said:
Back in the day the Porsche Teams had trouble getting the mechanics to the track on time. They were using VW transporters to shuttle them to the various venues.
Their answer was to install a 6-cylinder Porsche motor where the flat 4 had been.
This would seem to be a natural progression from that.
LOL, I remember seeing an article in one of my old European Car mags about a guy who got sick of trying to pull his boat up hills in his VW Bus, so he transplanted a 911 Turbo 6 into it!

#10 ·
pretty cool.

seen a syncro vanagon getting built with a 10vt once then a 3.6 v8. even with a 1" ish thick adapter plate the dizzy's still had a clearance issue....nuugen should remember this one..

#11 ·
Oh yeah Gene's vanagon!. He had it in and bolted to the syncro tranny. Never heard it fire up though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.