Automobiles Forum banner

ABZ Fiero

171K views 908 replies 54 participants last post by  Fbatwork 
#1 ·
I started this project about a month and a half a go now and it is coming along just fine i am installing a 4.2 ABZ in a 1988 Fiero Gt T top i am going to use a vems ecu from EFI Express . The transmission is a 012 due to it was cheap and available I would have liked a 6 speed 01X or 01E but not in the budget. my goal is to get it running by fall

See less See more
#454 ·
i just want to say this use to be a great forum but it has gone down hill due to the large amounts of spam i see on it what the hell is going on is there any one at the controls i know i know nothing on how to fix the problem but i would think the folks who maintain this site would know well i will check back in a while to see if they have it under control

#456 ·
well i messed with the rear body and hung the doors and put the front end i am going to use and i think it is going to look good and it gives me a wide body for just $300 . i have 245 on the rear but i need to go allot wider it is looking like about 13 inch wide tier and the right wheels and i am playing with the idea of a rear wing but if i use a fiero wing i will need to widen it out so i will need another wing to cut a section out and grafted into the other wing

#459 ·
I have come to the conclusion that i need to pay someone to do the paint and finish body work i can get the rear section bonded on and i can even get the body work close or maybe even right but i don't have the talent or facility's to paint the car so i am saving up to have this painted and i will try to get the body work as best as i can

#461 ·
today i solved the problem with the belt wanting to walk off the supercharger pulley by putting a guided pulley on the belt wrap pulley system it was put on the lower pulley position and i also made a mechanical belt tensioner this thing sounds awesome it rev's really quick

#462 ·
today i work on the fiero and looks and i am done blending on the rear roof pillars out sides as i used black paint to show any high or low spots and it looks good now to make it be the best it can be when i get the rest of the body work done i will use high build primer surfacer then block sand it all depending on how perfect you want it is how many times you you prime it and sand it some do it once and some do multiple prime and block sanding

#473 ·
i have not wrapped it yet as i am finishing body work and am not sure about wrapping it i have the chrome wrap but i also have bright red paint so i keep going back and forth in my head on it . today i received my blower pulley back from carbinite carbon metal coating they put a textured carbon coating on it so the belt gets a great grip now i think i need to send the crank pulley to them to stop all belt slip . I know today i started the engine up and ran it with the new pulley and hit the throttle and the rpms just jump to 7000 RPM's

#475 ·
well i have found that the crank pulley is where the belt is slipping so now i must send that in to have it treated so it gets a better grip i will tell them to treat for maximum grip . it is kinda funny when you see a higher boost from the larger pulley due to it is not slipping as bad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.