Automobiles Forum banner

T.Combs Emerald Green URS4

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  ejg3855 
#1 ·
Well a couple days ago I bought a 1994 Emerald Green S4. I have been looking for one for the past four or five years and finally found one and couldn't pass it up. The car seem pretty solid so far. I test drove it for a bit but I have only put on three miles since I have owned it. The car is a little high on miles with over 210k on it. Cosmetically the car need some work, it has a ton of paint chips on the hood and all around the grille and the rear passenger door looks likes it been replaced and rattled canned as close as possible. I will take it to a paint shop in town who does a lot of work for us at my job. Other then that its pretty decent. The interior isn't the best and I will probably swap steering wheels with the wheel that is in my 90Q. But overall I am very happy with the car and very stoked to drive it. It will be my DD from now on and i have plans for the future. Not sure what to do first but I need to get maintenance take car of first. The T-Belt was done two years ago and I have receipts for it. Over the past couple days I have done a lot of reading and it seems like the coil pack upgrade is one the of first things people whether it be 034 or Apikol, ect. Any info would be great!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just got my winter wheel set up on the car. I think they look pretty good. I don't think I ever would have bought these personally, but it was to good of an offer to pass up, with a brand new set of Blizzaks!

Attachments

#5 ·
Marko said:
Nice, I've always wanted one. Do you mind saying what that cost you?

I see them here very rarely, usually not great shape or crazy money (or usually both).

Motronic and 5 cylinder, living the dream...
I have been looking for years like I said, so when it came up I got it. I have only seen two others around where I live. It cost me $4,000. Might be over paying but for what the car is and wanting it, I couldn't pass it up.

#6 ·
jolio1994 said:
Get it painted Cactus Green!
I do like that! But I was told this was Emerald Green Metallic. I went to a paint shop to see what it would cost me to get the passenger door repainted, and it was close to $450 for the door, with no blending the other doors, and they couldn't find my paint code, they thought it was cricket green.

#7 ·
So first off I am getting the tune up done this weekend. Me next question is about the ignition system. From what I have read, people say that the POS system is horrible and that they upgrade to make things easier and have it function better. My question is what product is the best out there? Some people go the LS2 route, others use Apikol or EFI 1.8t conversion, and 034 even makes their entire HO kit. What is your guys' opinion on what is best and what you have good luck with. Open to any suggestions. Thanks

#8 ·
Phabio14 said:
jolio1994 said:
I do like that! But I was told this was Emerald Green Metallic. I went to a paint shop to see what it would cost me to get the passenger door repainted, and it was close to $450 for the door, with no blending the other doors, and they couldn't find my paint code, they thought it was cricket green.
Paint code is Y7P for Emerald Green Metallic as seen here

#9 ·
Phabio14 said:
So first off I am getting the tune up done this weekend. Me next question is about the ignition system. From what I have read, people say that the POS system is horrible and that they upgrade to make things easier and have it function better. My question is what product is the best out there? Some people go the LS2 route, others use Apikol or EFI 1.8t conversion, and 034 even makes their entire HO kit. What is your guys' opinion on what is best and what you have good luck with. Open to any suggestions. Thanks
my suggestion

#10 ·
speedydtp247 said:
Phabio14 said:
jolio1994 said:
Paint code is Y7P for Emerald Green Metallic as seen here
I went to the website and I search on google and it comes up with the Titanium Gray.

#13 ·
speedydtp247 said:
Phabio14 said:
I went to the website and I search on google and it comes up with the Titanium Gray.
I made a post on QW. The correct paint code for Emerald Green Metallic is Z6U
That's what I thought, I have looked it up before and thats what I came up with. The paint/body shop said they couldn't find it. Thanks for the response.

#16 ·
Got a small tune up done today at the Dealer. Oil and filter change, I went with Rotella T6 after doing some reading on here, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs- Bosch F5DP0R (previous owner had run these also so that was good to find out), and some new wiper blades. Underneath the car looked pretty good for the miles and age. Virtually no rust if any. One of the power steering hoses is leaking very slightly which is good to know it not coming from the rack. I need a new rear axle boot and a valve cover gasket some time soon but other than that the car is in good shape. The intercoller hose, on the driver side (Michelin Man) is a little squishy and should be replaced soon. All in all I'm happy with the car and the condition. I got pretty lucky. I ordered a new "S4" badge for the front grille and it should be here within the next week or two. I would like to take care of the things I listed above and then switch out the coils, after that I just want to drive it. In the long run a rebuild and bigger turbo is the goal but I just want to enjoy the car for now before not being able to drive it an waiting on parts, time and money. I figured out the Offical German name of the paint is Smaragd Perleffekt!

#17 ·
Hey guys, my S4 got stolen this morning. If you guys see anything on the forum or Craigslist let me know. I'm in Central Oregon. Hopefully it's around here somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.