motorgeek.com :: Socially inappropriate motoring information.
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: The Tech Lounge :: Gas and Sparks

Injector cleaning, who to use?

Post subject: Injector cleaning, who to use?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:05 am 
Stuck in first

Any experience with injector servicing? Car will be down for a bit (see below) and suspect dripping injector. (long crank warm starts and smoke from exhaust). Have to check FPR for leakage today, but wouldn't mind having injectors checked anyway! Car is new to me and trying to sort out all issues so i can just DRIVE!

///////////////////////////////////////

Back from Easter trip and car is/was ready to drive.... Had my son mount and balance the new Contis on the 16x8 Fuchs i refinished right before trip.

We got back and had co for Easter. Told my #2 son to run to the store with the 200 and he leaves, and comes right back inside! Starter's making noise.... Sure enough, it is! We pull the starter yesterday (have the parts car starter, still in car) and turns out the end of the nose cone broke off! So, i can see the piece lodged in behind the clutch and try to get it out. It finally falls down low and i can't see it. Have my son turn the crank trying to move the piece, lo and behold, tooth is missing on the flywheel.... So, parts car with pretty new Spec clutch will go under the knife this weekend. Have another flywheel out, but may as well change out the clutch and recently resurfaced flywheel from the parts car.

And, while i''ve got the exhaust out may as well go ahead with my exhaust fabrication! Will fab up down-pipe with bends and run 2.5 pipe and two large borlas (one in resonator position and one rear) Going with the 19" pro-xs...

And, while it's down guess I'll send injectors out as i suspect I've got a drippy injector which is causing long warm starts....

At some point i may be able to drive this? Argh... 40's in a bag is right down the road and my son is all over me to bring it this year!!!!

Post subject: Re: Injector cleaning, who to use?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:54 pm 
mach 2 with my hair on fire

https://www.rceng.com/

Post subject: Re: Injector cleaning, who to use?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 pm 
mach 2 with my hair on fire

Marren injection was recommended to me by Marc. My ev14s came back and still work ;)

Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: The Tech Lounge :: Gas and Sparks

Jump to:  

Information