motorgeek.com :: Socially inappropriate motoring information.
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: For Sale/For Trade :: Swap meet

FS: 1984 4000 quattro ABA swap, kinda rough, CT title

Post subject: FS: 1984 4000 quattro ABA swap, kinda rough, CT title
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:01 pm 
mach 2 with my hair on fire

So ive got a black 84' 4000 quattro that i beat the hell out of a while ago that needs to
get a new home. parents house is in foreclosure/short sale and need to be out in just under 3 weeks...

car has an ABA 4cyl 2.0L 8v motor swap in it w/ digifant 2 EFI, mkIV intake manifold, 01A B3 tranny, stock 4000q driveshaft w spacer to fit the b3 tranny. motor swap uses a b3 fwd 80q flywheel/clutch and starter.
car never ran right with the digi2 couldnt sort it out so bagan planning the ABA motronic. i have an obd1 aba harness/ecu that i was planning on installing to complete the swap, just needs to be installed in the car. have everything
needed: TB, MAF, ECU, o2 sensor, knock sensor, ign. distributor, injectors, harness modded to fit the audi
engine bay just needs the relays wired back up and to be installed into the car.

custom made motor mount brackets w/ stock tranny/motor mounts. b3 80 fwd 4cyl radiator.

chassis has 156k on the odometer, stock suspension & rear diff/axles w/ B3q front axles with b2 outer CV's.

i have a set of eibach B3q lowering springs that can go with it. the stock springs are pretty shot.
i replaced the brake lines with new copper/nickel hardlines and braided stainless hoses.
has a corrado steering wheel and bmw e30 battery cable( trunk mounted battery)

the bad:
-rear passenger quarter panel took a small sapling hit 1st winter i had it. just in front of the gas flap. needs to be pulled out
& faired.
-the front end took a good hit damaging the hood, grille, rad support and front of the fenders.
i have the entire front end of an 85' coupe GT that replaces all the damaged parts, albeit its not the 84 quad headlite/small bumper nose. but its a black hood, fenders, bumper, grille, headlights, rad support. everything thats damaged.
-clear coat is toasted car needs a paint job.
-never sorted out a shifter for the 01A tranny but i have a bunch of parts like 01A linkage, coupe GT shifter...
-car smells a bit micey as its been sitting for so long.

car was only driven in the winter of 2008/09 and a little when i did the ABA swap but stayed out of the nasty
calcium-chloride winters so undercarraige is still pretty sound.

just want the car to go to a good home not looking to get much for it, say $500 for everything mentioned.
clean CT title. located in Chester, CT. PM me email addresses for pics & ill get some out asap.

LMK need to find a home soon as possible. cant bare to send this to the scrapyard. thanks

also have a spare set of 84 tail lights, a mkIII aba bentley manual, and a spare 84 deck lid and front fender, i think its a pass side...

Post subject: Re: FS: 1984 4000 quattro ABA swap, kinda rough, CT titl
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:44 am 
I sprinkle rubber on my Cherios

Post pics!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:28 am 
Chirping second

More pics

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 pm 
I sprinkle rubber on my Cherios

What they said