motorgeek.com :: Socially inappropriate motoring information.
Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: The Tech Lounge :: Abnormally aspirated

URS4 FMIC Options

Post subject: URS4 FMIC Options
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 pm 
Chirping second

So, seeing as there is a monopoly on the market for aftermarket URS4/6 Front Mounts. What solutions have you guys found to save on the $1400 Apikol Kit?

I know the URS and the B5 A4 share a similar design in the routing of the turbo and Intake manifold. Has anybody every tried to install a bolt on kit from the A4?

Another route I'm considering is to get some Ebay piping and a Garrett Core.

Let me know your findings!

Post subject: Re: URS4 FMIC Options
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 am 
Chirping second

I built mine. It was pretty simple. I can get you some photos :pics: tonight if you'd like, and I could even get it under the factory bumper cover without hacking it all to pieces. I'm not running a huge turbo or beating on it for long periods, so a medium size fmic fit my needs. I used an ebay core to start out with and to make sure everything fit perfectly and I'm going to upgrade to a better core but the quality of the eBay core inst too bad. Core size is 21"X 9" and I made custom piping to fit. If you or you know someone that can weld and have a way to cut pipe, 2 j-bends should do for the piping. All in all you'd have a custom set-up for around like 300$ or less.
:woowoo:

Pipe example (but buy in stainless or aluminium)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... g&_sacat=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Core I used originally.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/J2-ENGINEERING- ... To&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post subject: Re: URS4 FMIC Options
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:44 am 
Stuck in first

threadstone has some top quality cores, id check them out and just have pipping done, the pipping I usually get from cx racing..

Search this topic:
motorgeek.com :: Board index :: The Tech Lounge :: Abnormally aspirated

Jump to:  

Information