Automobiles Forum banner

My Audi 90 (B4) VR6 Turbo build

44K views 159 replies 50 participants last post by  kakemzje 
#1 ·
Car started getting dismantled last Monday...The car is at AMS Autowerks in Linden, NJ and they are making great progress on the car...They are trying their hardest to get it all done to bring down to Waterfest this year...I will try to post as much pics as I can of the progress, so here it goes.

First off, picture of my car

Dismantled motor, Block

Pic of motor with manifolds before accesories

Painted block and Adapter plate

Flywheel

Attached wastegate vband directly to manifold

Beginning of shaved engine bay

Turbo

Oil Cooler

Intercooler

Primered Engine Bay

See less See more
#2 ·
holy crap!!!!! I saw your car at ocean city and wondered what the engine was!!! I was in my nice pearl 20vt 90, but i dont think you saw me. Fantastic car!! now its even more awesome!

#4 ·
beautiful build!! I drooled over your car last year at WF and H20.. Glad to see someone doing a B4 90 some justice!

#13 ·
I am running 034 IIc engine management...and the turbo is a precision 6262 with a .68 hotside and ofcourse ball bearing.

I would like to track the car since I have replaced most of every single bushing in the car and I have KW variant 3's...but for now my main focus is getting it running good and hoping the motor takes it :) Ill try to get some pics up of the bottom of the car. But if I do go track it will be just for fun and nothing serious

The front end is all B4...it just has a S2 coupe bumper...maybe it looks different to you because the whole car has been shaved...not sure but it is all B4

The bay should be painted today when I go to the shop so I will post some pics tonight

#16 ·
ShavedQuattro said:
Looks awesome man. Perhaps I need to start looking for a b4!!!

When you say shaved, did you shave the handles? Good luck getting tracks to let you run. It is usually in every rule book I have ever seen.
:stupid:

my first track car i had to get different doors as the handles were shaved....

looks good.

#17 ·
speeding-g60 said:
ShavedQuattro said:
Looks awesome man. Perhaps I need to start looking for a b4!!!

When you say shaved, did you shave the handles? Good luck getting tracks to let you run. It is usually in every rule book I have ever seen.
:stupid:

my first track car i had to get different doors as the handles were shaved....

looks good.

Looks like the trim has been shaved.

#19 ·
beautiful car.

i assume you'll be keeping the stock 01a in there and destroying it in quick fashion with that boosted vr?

#24 ·
I like how you roll..... just sayin

This is pretty much how I would put together a B4.

The B5 S4 side skirts are a nice touch too, did you have to shorten them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.