Automobiles Forum banner

1990 Range Rover for sale - $3000

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  123quattro 
#1 ·
1990 Range Rover - 110,631 miles. Chamonix (off white) exterior, tan leather interior. 3.9L aluminum V8, 4 speed automatic transmissions, permanent all wheel drive. I purchased this vehicle in 1998 when I started graduate school from a gentleman in Ann Arbor at ~50,000 miles. He was the second owner. The first owner was a doctor in Pennsylvania. His daughter used this vehicle at State College until she slid it into a snow bank and sold it as a salvage title. All the damage was superficial: the hood, cowl, passenger fender, and passenger side door skins were all replaced. None of the glass was broken.

This truck was my daily driver for three years. I used it occasionally for the next 4 years. It has been garaged for the last five years. I no longer drive it and could use the space in my garage.

I converted to the truck to the much stronger gear drive Tcase in 1998. I purchased the new front axle from the University of Wisconsin in 2002 and installed it a couple years later when the original front axle had a wheel bearing go out. It has less than 500 miles on it currently. It has light rust on the body and frame, but is very good as 20 year old Land Rovers go. I will be sad to see her go.

Here are the specifics on the truck:

Old Man Emu 2" lift springs
50% tread Bridgestone 245/75R16 tires
pull set of soft poly bushings
new factory panhard rod bushings
converted to LT230Q gear drive transfer case with lockable center differential from Ashcroft Conversions
new complete disk to disk UK spec 2000 Defender 24 spline front axle
Safari Gard front and rear diff covers
upgraded Hella H4 headlights
Euro corner marker lights
rebuilt heads with new valves/guides/seals
recored factory radiator
rebuilt steering box from Rovers North
aluminum upper tailgate from Great Basin Rovers
updated catalysts with stainless steel Y pipe into a Borla muffler
bilstein shocks
front shock mounts
Cobra CB
also comes with Rock Ware rear drop kit that has not been installed and Rancho 5000 rear shocks

See less See more
#3 ·
The older trucks are funny. If you look, the entire dash, shifter, and center console are mirrored. That handle fills the hole since it's not a right drive.

#7 ·
Actually it should be 180hp "if its still putting out that". 3.5l was 160hp.
13/15 sounds about right. I used to get 18 highway with my D1 (Same weight and motor) but now I get like 14-15 as the Headgasket is blown. Top end rebuild is in the future.

Nice looking truck. Looks like it had the ADS Sound system but you pulled the box out of the back and upgraded the fronts?
Good luck with the sale!

#8 ·
Hi Todd,

I know they rated them at 180, but I think that was optimistic from the factory. This one runs well. I completely redid the heads a few thousand miles ago. If given enough road it will go 107mph drag limited...

As for the stereo, that's what it came with when I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.