Automobiles Forum banner

ABZ Fiero

171K views 908 replies 54 participants last post by  Fbatwork 
#1 ·
I started this project about a month and a half a go now and it is coming along just fine i am installing a 4.2 ABZ in a 1988 Fiero Gt T top i am going to use a vems ecu from EFI Express . The transmission is a 012 due to it was cheap and available I would have liked a 6 speed 01X or 01E but not in the budget. my goal is to get it running by fall

See less See more
#3 ·
Im glad to see that you have made your mind up on what ecu and trans. Should be interesting to see this come together.

By the way, I like the body kit on the fiero, almost makes me miss mine!

#5 ·
That is one sick looking fiero.

#10 ·
VERY nice. Didn't know longitudinal was a possibility! I wanted one until I found out that there's no good way to do a stick with an LSx in those...but this kind of alleviates that issue!

Eric

#13 ·
smotheredsteak said:
anyone else notice the photoshopped girl in that picture??
I did notice it, I just didnt want to say anything :wink:

#14 ·
That is gonna be some massive angles on those axles.......

#16 ·
Running on dirt is a little different than on pavement. That being said, I hope it works without a hitch....

#18 ·
Everytime I have blown and axle up, it has been with a wheel turned. I think the project is awesome. I had considered an audi turbo 5 in a fiero with a lambo kit on it a long long time ago....

#20 ·
Too bad there's no R8 Fiero body kit...would be a great poor man's R8!

Eric

#21 ·
I had my OE axels rebuilt by a local guy. he was recommended from other VW guys that would break aftermarket ones easily but his would hold up at ~350hp.
he much preferred doing OE ones "better steel" he also said strength can be as much about consistent clearances, smooth surfaces and balance as material construction, In a bearing torque transfer situation like a CV joint. He also does sand rail axels with extreme angles.
I think you'll be fine. Might see if you can find a rebuilder and talk to him about angles and he should be able to clearance them if needed.

#25 ·
Boxster?

Oh also, looking at your tranny mount there I would be inclined to add another brace to the forward mounting hole too. You'd be surprised how much that drivetrain tries to jump around under power and I can see it cracking the casing using just one mounting hole. Just a suggestion :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.