Automobiles Forum banner

1984 Audi 4000 quattro Chevy 350 conversion 889 hp na !!!

12K views 64 replies 27 participants last post by  my2000apb DrBeastCar 
#1 ·
We are going to build a no holds
bar Audi 4000 with a chevy 350
performance engine.No forced
induction or efi !! This will be a
daily driver,running on pump
gas,using 38 cc combustion
chambers.You are reading right 889
hp with a linear torque curve that
keeps going straight thru red
line.This is not your convent-
ional 350 build.stay tune !

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
Thanks Timmmy for the inspiration.We are not
going to move the engine back we are building
a fiberglass tilt nose front end that will take care
of front end problem with the engine.And we are
not using no Nascar engine that's no fun if you didn't
build it yourself.

#30 ·
4rm said:
Thanks Timmmy for the inspiration.We are not
going to move the engine back we are building
a fiberglass tilt nose front end that will take care
of front end problem with the engine.And we are
not using no Nascar engine that's no fun if you didn't
build it yourself.
My pleasure,

I am excited to see how your project turns out. Please keep this thread up to date with lots of pictures :)

If there is anything I can do to help in terms of BTDT advice feel free to PM me or ask in your thread.

Take the disbelief with a grain of salt, this forum, as you probably know, tends to be a 'no bullshit' type of a place i.e. you'd better be able to prove it if you say it :)

Timmmy.

#32 ·
audifreakjim said:
I have a co-worker that used to live by the big race shops in NC, he said you would see the most bizarre sleeper cars with old race motors swapped in.

I want to see this happen, who cares if it's 600hp or 889hp, it will be a riot in a 4k!
Totally agree... But when someone comes in making grandiose plans to make ridiculous hp with some special unheard of air/fuel homogenizer and no EFI... I need to start asking questions.

#33 ·
Justin517 said:
audifreakjim said:
I have a co-worker that used to live by the big race shops in NC, he said you would see the most bizarre sleeper cars with old race motors swapped in.

I want to see this happen, who cares if it's 600hp or 889hp, it will be a riot in a 4k!
Totally agree... But when someone comes in making grandiose plans to make ridiculous hp with some special unheard of air/fuel homogenizer and no EFI... I need to start asking questions.
A good citizen does not ask questions.

Ignorance is strength.

#34 ·
It's about time someone else did this. Best of luck - you'll need to go dry-sump, or drop-channel the subframe to clearance the oil-pan - BTDT on the LT-1Q but it wasn't a huge deal. Watch out for the pilot bearing adapter ring from KEP - the one he made me years back was .007 out of round and that was enough to cause an input shaft wobble that would dump all tranny fluid onto the clutch. Otherwise you're going to have lots of fun once you get the teething pains sorted.

LT-1Q is still running around under the care and feeding of the person who bought it from me (the builder). He's had to do a lot to keep it together all these years as the torque does an admirable job of tearing apart the unibody spot-welds in the front-end. I would recommend you do lots of tube-steel structure improvement before that engine is in there to save yourself problems later. Cooling was easy using a pair of Passat radiators sitting side-saddle in the engine bay. With a typ-85 you are on the right track to put it in the trunk I figure.

Have fun!

#35 ·
Thanks RalleyDogRacing for the input.We are using a
dry-sump system.That homogenizer patent is cool
but that not what we are doing.You see the reason
that streetable 889 hp carb engines don't existed is
because the technology until now.The reason to use
a carb instead of efi easyer to work with but it works
with efi.We have 11 years of R&D in this.If you wanted
to make more hp you need a turbocharger,supercharger
or nitro to create a bigger explosion in the chamber by
forcing more fuel and air into the engine.But if you could
create the same end result with out forced induction then
you can create 889 hp.I know what you are say "prove it".
We are going to show to you.We will start taking pre-orders
on april 7, 2013 and shipping May 1,2013.The reason we are
using a audi 4000 is awd is cool and it should have come with
a V8.When the website goes up it will explain it all.If you can't
wait for the website.Pm me for a phone presentation or come
to a live presentation in may in Raleigh NC.

#39 ·
A little hint - anytime somebody says they are going to set the automotive world on fire, and it involves them putting this "gem" in a 25 year old audi to demonstrate, you need to really question it. I mean, other than the few of us, the rest of the world would really fail to appreciate it....and unless all of this can be purchased for like $150 or less, MG may not be place to display the wares.

#41 ·
pkw said:
A little hint - anytime somebody says they are going to set the automotive world on fire, and it involves them putting this "gem" in a 25 year old audi to demonstrate, you need to really question it. I mean, other than the few of us, the rest of the world would really fail to appreciate it....and unless all of this can be purchased for like $150 or less, MG may not be place to display the wares.
Could not have said it better.

#43 ·
Repaair said:
I will have some pictures of some 960hp n/a motors today.
If they will let me video the dyno pulls I will.
Excellent, I want to see that.

#44 ·
4rm,

What's the maximum VE of your engine?
Max RPM?
minimum BSFC?

#47 ·
RallyDogRacing said:
LT-1Q is still running around under the care and feeding of the person who bought it from me (the builder). He's had to do a lot to keep it together all these years as the torque does an admirable job of tearing apart the unibody spot-welds in the front-end. I would recommend you do lots of tube-steel structure improvement before that engine is in there to save yourself problems later. Cooling was easy using a pair of Passat radiators sitting side-saddle in the engine bay.
I heard LT-1Q was tearing up the Outback in Australia?

#50 ·
LoL almost a year gone by and nothing...ya I think we done skeert him off. Did anyone ever get a 'phone presentation' for this alien technology?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.