Automobiles Forum banner

S2 Avant... Carbon and Recaro swap

17K views 58 replies 30 participants last post by  death 4kqt 
#1 ·
So... I spent 1/2 hour writing up this nice page and then lot the bloody thing.. so no write up, just pictures and issues.

Original internet ad pictures

Finally in my driveway!

So.. can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture???

Looks much better with the original Avus wheels.

So... here is a list of what needs to be done ASAP

- Replace windshield
- Hook up Check Engine Light and pull codes and see why full boost is not attainable.
- Needs front snub mount and aux rad support... PO used tie wraps to hold the rad in.. ;)
- Rear brakes, check out pic above.. I shook my head!
- Stock airbox back in
- Tuneup
- Change headlights, RHD versions used, if someone does not care, they will be for sale.
- Complete the fixup of the front bumper to get the grills back on.

Nice to do later on, bumper, hood and front clip repaint.
Big Red brake upgrade, suggestions welcome.

See less See more
#9 ·
Good eye... the flex line is tie wraped to the swaybar link and then the hard line to the actual swaybar... unbelievable!
This is a B2/B3 caliper so the ebrake is also non op. So much wrong in so little.
I found it in Quebec, originally from Italy. Italy checks out because of the fender side markers, not present on German cars.

#11 ·
Not much of an update, car got a new windshield put on and got the parts needed to get it saftied.
I thought of upgrading the brakes to B7 S4 (apparantly bolt on stuff) but decided to stick with stock for now and get it registered and in time for Carlisle.. ;)

Also getting a letter from Audi of Canada confirming that it is a '94 so I can have it registered properly, not as '93 as it was in Quebec.. :frustrated:

Funny enough ElsaWin shows it was manufactured Sept 1993 and sold to dealer in Italy, confirming the previous owner story.

#13 ·
She's not that pretty, PO did a pittiful job painting the hood/bumper.. runs galore... you might want to stand like 10 feet away.. ;)
Maybe not before Carlisle but at some point I'll have our local paint guy do a better job and repair the bumper properly, the grills do not fit now.. :(

#18 ·
A bit of an update.

Radiator was completely clogged, lucky me I had a spare alloy unit sitting around so it came in handy.

Power steering pump was screaming like a stuck pig, so got a remanufactured one from Worldpac.
Went to install it just to find out the bomb line banjo bolt was the wrong size on the reman unit.
So back in the old pump went... except, now it is no longer making any noise... is this possible??
I'll take it... saves me from having to find another one. fingers crossed it lasts a while longer.

Rear brakes are done, and "big blacks" have been ordered from Sunset Porsche, calipers came on 928 GTS and are identical to the "big reds" in all respects other than color. At $580 including shipping I'll take it and like it.

Here are few pics from a press kit I got from DE.

#25 ·
gorgeous ride man...who did you end up going with for insurance?

I am picking my Holset up in about 2 hrs...going to try really hard to have my Avant on the road within 2 weeks...going to try and sneak in a few Shannonville days - would be cool to meet up...

if you haven't replaced the windshield yet - I got it through Apple AutoGlass - 450$ on site installation - great service - same as the B4 V6 so no issues there...

#26 ·
After writing a nasty letter to Meloche TD, they finally had the case reviewed and allowed insurance.
If you complain enough and not give up on the first "No", things can happen.
They told me this is the last time they will insure a foreign VIN for me... wait till the 80q avant with tdi shows up.. ;)

I was thinking of going to Shannonville, my friend does track days there with his Nissan and wants me to come out.
Last time I was there I ruined a set of tires... but then again I was 19 and thought I was Schumacher.

I had a windshield from one of the low mile parts cars, so that worked out really well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.