Automobiles Forum banner

Jim Green's A6 4.2 - Sold

33K views 87 replies 37 participants last post by  audifreakjim 
#1 ·
I've been blabbing about S8s lately, then I came across this little gem. I saw it and thought, man if I had an 2001 A6 4.2, I'd want it to look exactly like that. The I noticed it was in CA, and then I noticed I didn't have a single thing to do Fri while I was out there, and then I found myself transfering money into my bank account just incase, and then I found myself at the bank getting check, and then I found myself driving it home today. No more and then!

The good:
New transmission
65,000 miles
Almost perfect paint and black leather interior.

The really good
Pss9 Bilstein coilovers
2B big brake kit with front 6 piston calipers and larger rear disks
Jline forged 20" wheels
Magnaflow exhaust
Momo shift knob, like I really car about that, I guess it looks nice.
LED tailights

Enjoy, I know I sure am! I think I might sleep in it tonight.

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh you bastard! :p I am sooooooo green!!!!! Did I mention I hate you? :slap:

#9 ·
I'm sorry for any youngsters who have to read this. I owe a quarter to the swear jar....but that is FUCKING HAWT..end of story!
Very well bought!

#12 ·
Thanks guys. The great thing is I basically got a free car with the mods, lol. It's cool because I personally would have never gone with such expensive wheels, or the brake kit on this car, but I'll just have to live with them. :wink:

What kinda sucks about the deal is I'm going from having a beater that I dare people to walk on, to the complete opposite side of the spectrum. I guess the wife's Camry gets demoted down the chain.. Too bad we don't have room for 4 cars.

Now, I just need to get yellow car in the pics.

#20 ·
:woowoo: that is going to be an awsome DD....my only concern would be the susp. being to harsh for DD duty??? but i have never had nice susp. in any of my cars though so i dont really know what im talking about....

#23 ·
3bAudios said:
:woowoo: that is going to be an awsome DD....my only concern would be the susp. being to harsh for DD duty??? but i have never had nice susp. in any of my cars though so i dont really know what im talking about....
That's the first thing I thought before I drove it, but it's suprizingly not the case. What's funny is I got into the Camry I drove to the test drive, and along the same section of road I noticed way more harsh bumps.

It is pretty freaken low though, I'm probably going to raise it up about 3/8".

#26 ·
girl in dry cleaners is getting moist already :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.