Automobiles Forum banner

stwquattro´s 1984 Audi 4000 S turbo quattro - 10VT KG

18K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  stwquattro 
#1 ·
Hello to all.

I want to introduce myself and my car. I´m Sebastian, 28, from Lichtenstein/Saxony in Germany. Currently i study automotive engineering in the 7th semester and i work at http://www.thielert.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the flight test department.

My car is an Audi 4000 S quattro... "My Little White Beauty" ...it has left the assembly line at the 5th january in 1984. He spent the first years of his life in Bremerton/WA until 1986...(as written in the service certificate).It was originally JT-equipped, but i changed the engine in 2006 because of a coolant leakage into the cylinder...because of the low compression ratio of...8:1 i didn´t want to put more work than necessary into this engine. i looked for a NG engine because of the better comp ratio and the possibility of getting a better tax...in germany called Euro 2...

i got one of the first NG in a good condition.it has a KV camshaft originally built in and in combination with the three-pipe-exhaust-manifold, the car is a better cruiser.... no race car ;)

the 17inch ZENDER rims are now...the 5th or 6th sort of rims i drove on my 4Kq. for these rims i had to set the suspension new....in front there are bonrath bearings (adjustable camber), koni golf mk 1 shock absorbers and fichtel&sachs 35mm springs (for front axle) mounted.in the back there are original bearings,kayaba gaspressure shock absorbers and G&M 60mm springs (for front axle) mounted.

the dimensions of the Zender rims: 7,5x17inch ET35 with 205/40R17 Nankang ... at the rear axle there are additionally distances mounted...15mm on every side.

my special interest are exhaust systems...i always built them on my own...urquattro mufflers etc...BUT...this year my friends built a new exhaust system for me...76mm...3inch...the engine won´t need this diameter, but i love the deep sound...just gorgeous!!!

so the whole exhaust system has a diameter of 76mm / 3inch...even the catalyst (an original metal catalyst from a BMW E30 - fits perfect like the original Audi catalysts...same dimensions!!!).
The exhaust needs to be polished...completely polished because of rust protection...i´ll do it the next weeks.

AND its a good base for installing a turbo-charged engine soon.

So i hope my english is not too bad and you guys understand me as good as possible :)

some pics of the car (the pics with the flat hubs at the rims are the newest ones):

the front muffler...

the rear muffler...

the whole system...i´ll change the pipe to the tailpipes as soon as possible into 3inch...we haven´t had time for long welding sessions :)

some nice documents...

See less See more
#3 ·
if i got my pics back, i´ll send u more pics from the muffler.

which kind of car should get the muffler??

if u want, he could built the muffler for u.

regards, bastian[/img]

#5 ·
stwquattro said:
if i got my pics back, i´ll send u more pics from the muffler.

which kind of car should get the muffler??

if u want, he could built the muffler for u.

regards, bastian
Yes i more pics would be nice, i am going to build it for my "Sport Quattro project"

#7 ·
i love your car Sebastian.... glad to see you make it around here :)

#11 ·
@ rallyquattro

i hope i understood u right...yes...its for the spare wheel...but its just a small one...15inch and...about 4,5inch wide.

don´t your 4kq´s have this hump??

there are a few 4k in europe, which i know...also a 4kq...a 86 i believe...but absolutely no '84 4kq...

in my opinion, my '84 4Kq is the only one...in good drivable conditions...but i would be lucky if i´m wrong. ;)

#17 ·
Like fine wine, the older they get the better the body... I am on my second 1984 4000kq, both were Tornado Red, my second 84 car is now done a full KH swap, 034 just called me today they finished up what I started, I'll post pictures when I get the car cleaned up some more. I have always liked the early cars, for some reason they have a different feel, anyone??

Attachments

#18 ·
@ ralleyquattro

are these tinted windows the original ones or did u tint them again with gluing foil or something like that?the look really dark...quite nice.

bastian

#24 ·
is tinting really so expensive over there Sebastian? it costs me about $250 to have all 7 rear windows on a 4kq tinted here... i would think shipping would cost way more than that to germany! plus the fact that if you find a good tinter, it should come with a decent warranty. all my windows come with a lifetime warranty on the tint.

i like tinted windows...

#26 ·
Nice car.....great english....and tint in Las Vegas isn't just for looks. Old school Audis are known for a lot of good things, but A/C isn't one of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.