Automobiles Forum banner

Tim's 4k20vT FOR SALE!!!!!! out of storage this weeknd

114K views 873 replies 71 participants last post by  my2000apb DrBeastCar 
#1 ·
hi, I've been on here for a while and it's time to finally start my project thread. I bought my 1986 4000 cs quattro at the beginning of last summer. I bought the car from guy in mass. who brought it up from south carolina who bought it from the orig owner in texas. The car is extremely clean, inside and out, top and underside. the car had 2B coilovers on it when i got it, along with the Recaro's, upgraded pads, lines and rotors.

Quick pic from Carlisle 2010
loving it

SUPPORT MY SWAPPAGE!!!! buy some parts

phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33758

I've since gone through and replaced all the inner and outer tie rods and ends, ball joints, strut inserts, strut mounts, engine mounts, trans and dif mounts, and a fresh set of toyo t1r's round out the handling nicely.

I finally got my hands on a '91 200 20v and plan on removing the motor and trans shortly for transplant into the 4kq, the car will be sold as is or parted in teh upcoming weeks. i plan to put the 3b in the 4k cheaply and to build my AAF eurovan motor on the side while i enjoy my new found power over the stock JT

Summary of Modifications to be done

Engine/trans
1991 200 20vT swap
Rebuilt 3b head
'91 200 20v 016 torsen trans w/ fresh seals
speedo sensor swap
Intended Acceleration Chipped ecu
isuzu fmic with modded ins/outs
dahlback racing bpv
ARP Headstuds
034 metal HG
timing belt / roller / water pump / timing cog
AAN windage tray
7A oil pan
new expansion tank
new washer fluid tank
gaskets / seals galore
sandblasting / powder coating
rear mount battery box and breaker
034 fuel pressure gauge w/ aan adapter
Innovate Lc1 WB O2 w/ x16 gauge
walbro 255 lph pump
fresh primary + secondary fuel filters and lines/clamps
PC'd fuel pump/filters tray
Nub Works custom catch can / breather setup w/ 3b VC
AEM DryFlow air filter
RC flow matched oem 3b injectors
034 silicone couplers all the way around

Chassis
034 Alum Subframe bushings F & R
034 Delrin C arm bushings F & R
034 track density strut bushings F & R
Bilstein sport inserts

remove both subframes, engine, trans, diff, catback, etc for wire brushing and reapplication of rubberized coating on underbody of car

Exterior
repaint oem SQ grill and trim
paint hood

Interior
fwd 4k aux gauges
vdo boost gauge
red led gauge back lights
new cluster lights :)
innovate lc1 w / xd-16 gauge
diy spheric bearing short shifter
innovate boost gauge
clean / fix / prep CE red leather door panels :D :D
mk III radio install
3b wiring :tard:
any ways on to the pics

rebuild, refresh, parts cleaning and fresh hardware a plenty!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks, it currently sits on 16" MASitaly Presidents painted gloss black, and i have a set of hock rings in 16" that i can put on as well, plus several sets of oem wheels with snows, but its in the garage for teh winter, gotta sell teh snows

#5 ·
it was on the car when i got it, ebay.uk tehre was a guy that had a few. the headlights are quantums, im also trying to figure out a way to upgrade the lights in that housing or something, the lights suck but i need a better focus and stronger output beam

#6 ·
yay!! I saw this car in VT this past summer i believe on dorset st. i was in my pearl white 200 drooling on myself as I drove by, welcome!

#7 ·
Nice ride... gonna swap in the trans from the 20020Vq too?

Like the rims... Azev? with caps off they look almost like Compomotive MO's

#9 ·
Yeah - that's a sweet looking 4k !!

:woowoo:

#10 ·
WOMBAT said:
yay!! I saw this car in VT this past summer i believe on dorset st. i was in my pearl white 200 drooling on myself as I drove by, welcome!
yeah, i was in stowe all summer, made it up to burlington a few times, theres a lot of audi and dubheads up there and i got a quite a few looks, drool on haha itll be around more dont worry

#11 ·
WOMBAT said:

#12 ·
WAUG0806 said:
Nice ride... gonna swap in the trans from the 20020Vq too?

Like the rims... Azev? with caps off they look almost like Compomotive MO's
yeah Azev type A's i love them, they look great without the center caps, i think anyway. yeah 200 20v trans is getting swapped too

#13 ·
ok, little update. I finally got a chance to work on popping the 3b out of the 200. its pretty close, shes about all disconnected. I plugged the plugs and its looks absolutely beautiful in there! I really didnt expect anything else as the motor must have been cared for as much as the interior. Aside from some extra creases in the drivers side seat bolster, the interior is cleaner than when i got my '00 s4 a few years ago.

Last call on the 200 chassis
http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 533#306533

ok anyways back out to the garage, damn i wanna drive my 4k

#14 ·
ok small update from before my crazy weekend, ( which ill get into later) jeremy and myself got the 3b out of the 200, i was planning on trying to save the wiring harness, to sell but i got a little impatient and cut it apart with a hacksaw, while getting the motor and trans out. so the engine / trans is out of the car and seperated. I pulled the plugs out and it looks so nice and golden in the combustion chamber, im really glad about that!!!

pics to come later

going to go get the pressure washer later today and degunk the transmission so i can tear into it for the speedo sender conversion, also i finished modding my b3 JHM solid shifter for use with the 4kq style linkage, and damn does it snug that shifter up!!

Are there any availible replacements for teh bushing at the end of the shifter rod? i remember hearing these were NLA but are there any models that are compatible???

i have recieved my 7a oil pans, oil pans gaskets, AAN windage tray is en route, as is the alu bracket for brake vac pump, 034 alu subframe bushings are here as are teh strut mounts and delrin c-arm bushings, i jsut need to order another set of bilstein sports.

engine / trans / diff mounts are 034 track mounts and are already installed.

derek hooked me up major sweetness style with a prespliced and labeld 3b/4kq harness and an Intended Acceleration chipped ecu!!!! :woowoo: :woowoo: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: thatll save me some major :frustrated: :curses: :frustrated: :curses:

#15 ·
mini update from work,

got my AAN windage tray today along with a sweet bracket for my brake booster from ben howell, headed home early to put the motor on teh new motor stand!!

then its time to tear into the 4k :woowoo: :woowoo:

#16 ·
ok im trying to decide if i want to go home and tear into the 4k tonite and start off the swappage or if i want to wait it out jstu a bit and go to NED when it opens in the first week of april, also i was thinking about getting a baseline dyno run, but damn i ereally just want to tear into and get started. i think id be much more interested in stock EM vs IA chip'd 3B than comparing it to a stock JT.

here are some current garage pics, and if you notice the parts all over, it looks as if this idiot is working on two swaps at teh same time!! :bashtard: :bashtard: i must be damn crazy

:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

Attachments

#18 ·
speaking of hearing it run, i was in NYC all last weekend and on I95 i hit this massive pothole, and broke off the exhaust right behind the flanges after the cat, so its crazy loud now, basically manifold to cat then out under the car. I cant wait to hear the 20vt, i was trying to get a baseline dyno run in, but may bail on that in order to get ir running faster. Im more interested in the dyno differences between the oem 3b ecu and the IA chipped ecu. also how they will run on the 100/104 octane.

#19 ·
ok update time, i really wanted to get some baselines, but
TDC Tuning in concord, NH apparently isnt in business anymore, so i may look into dyno-mite in manchester they sell land and sea dynos, but can they throw my car on for a baseline run?

AND!!! NED opens today!!! ill be going either sunday for test and tune, or friday night for street night. i jstu need a few passes to gain the info i want.

who's run the best time on a stock JT 4kq?

im thinking im shooting for sub 20 seconds, i looked at a time calculator based on weight and hp, and it pumped out 22.xx seconds and another one i found came out to 18.3 which sounds a lot more realistic, haahahahhaha
ill def be lower than that, i hope, hence the need for 3b boooosted power

#20 ·
LOVE LOVE LOVEEE this car with the SQ grille, absolutely CANNOT wait to see it with a 3b in it!!!

You dont by any chance think you will be done to go to the new england dustoff on april 26th at the Seekonk speedway?? I wouldnt mind seeing this in person..

#23 ·
actually very likely, 3b should be rocking in the car @ 20 psi, with the pile of parts i have at home, my friend lives in warren and ive been trying to get down there.

glad you liek it, it should be a hell of a blast with the 20vT

#25 ·
ok well liek most projects plans become modified at some point, so because its raining and NED wont open tonite and i dont wanna waste a whoel weekend waiting to see if the track opens on sunday and that i only have my company vehicle for about 3 - 4 more weeks im gonna head outside today and start tearing into my beloved vehicle.

wish me luck, disassembly begins in t-minus 1 hour!

#26 ·
ok major progress the last few days !! :woowoo:

big update and lots of pics coming tomorrow. and its 2 am so

tired need sleep bed now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.