Automobiles Forum banner

034 Injectors and chip

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  CoupeMaster 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 1991 Audi CQ, and was told by the owner that it has 034 injectors but he had no idea whether or not it was chipped.

Is there any way I can verify the injectors without taking the fuel rail apart and if it is chipped or not?

thanks

#2 ·
injector is easy:

if its a Bosch (most likely red, but can be black or grey) then its upgraded

if its a fat, black with a blue collar, thats the stock hitachi
if you are unsure, post a pic.

for the chip you have to open the ecu to be sure,but it might have a sticker or marking on it

Attachments

#3 ·
Previous owner never told me but I figured out it was 034 injectors. they are red and skinnier than stock just like the picture above.

#4 ·
CoupeMaster said:
Previous owner never told me but I figured out it was 034 injectors. they are red and skinnier than stock just like the picture above.
its called 034 injector upgrade, but actually its not. A Belgian dude Patrick Carlier make it first.
anyway its a same thing newer bosch injector with an adapter and o-rings to fit.

#6 ·
I can tell you right now this is not the stock ones. you see the aluminum injector bung. so It is most likely upgraded ones and like Varia said they can be black as well. I will see if I can post a pic of mine tonight

#8 ·
pretty much and for your power goal (300hp) you might have to go standalone. there is nothing much you can do with 7a ecu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.