Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am re-installing my llc and want to hook up momentary ground MAP SEL map switch function... is there a simple way to wire an indicator light or "A/B" lights?

My guess is a relay to the light(s)... have a relay that will toggle each time you ground it with momentary switch... want to be able to keep track of which position MAP SEL function is in.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a few "universal" relays that seem to have a/b function, extra terminal so they work as a toggle...

Indicator light hooked to 87 - 87 a would toggle each time you complete the trigger/ground, no?....

Now that I drew a diagram I can see that 87 indicator lamp would light up only when instantaneous switch was contacted, 87a indicator lamp would stay lit when relay is "off" ???

Attachments

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No wonder it is taking me 6 weeks to wire this car!

But I think you could use the instant spst switch/button to send ground to both the ecu (MAP SEL toggle a/b) and to the relay to toggle an indicator on/off with each cycle...???

·
Registered
851 Posts
Why use an SPST switch? Use a SPDT switch and just ground the lamps with it, too. Sort of like you've done it with the relay above, but with lights in place instead of the relay coil.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A single switch that would (press once) a/b toggle the ground to lights and just instantaneously send ground sig to ECU would be ideal

my head hurts I need to lie down...

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
If it is momentary, he CANNOT use a standard relay, as I said previously. The coil needs a power and ground source to be maintained on a standard relay in order to shift from the NC terminal to the NO terminal. If he wants to use the momentary map select switch to shift a relay it needs to be a latching type relay, and his switch should be a DPDT type switch in order to latch and un-latch the relay.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
cuatrokoop said:
If it is momentary, ...
That's what I'm asking. IS the map select a momentary trigger?
034 IIc tuning manual said:
Map# - This shows the status of the map select input, either map #1 or #2. To
change maps, ground the appropriate ECU pinout (see the wiring diagram
provided).
then later in the manual
034 IIc tuning manual said:
MapSel - Shows the state of the Map Select pin LOW/HIGH
this would make me believe it is not a momentary trigger but uses the second map whenever the input is grounded.

?? is it a momentary input?

·
Super Moderator
5,560 Posts
It is not a momentary input.

This is how mine is setup:

Rocco16V said:
You could use a DPST (Double Pole Single Throw) switch and have a light lit when using map B and unlit when using map A

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Rocco16V said:
?? is it a momentary input?
Absolutely not, it is a switched input and must be pulled to ground, or left open to select between the two maps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.