Automobiles Forum banner

1.9 and 2.2 bar spring fitment

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  88a5tq 
#1 ·
My 88 5k has a slightly smaller spring perch radius than my 1991 200 20vt. The 87 I parted has the same perches as the 88. The 1991 3b perches won't accept the 1.8 bar spring, however. I see on the 034 sight that it says fitment is for audi WGs in the 1980 to 1995 range. Am I missing something here? Is my WG strange?

Julian

#3 ·
Odd. I had no problem putting the 1.9bar spring (yellow; from Ben Swann) out of my UrS4 into my 5ktq.

#4 ·
Ya it's frustrating especially since both springs are the same from both my 3b engine. I'm just hoping they will provide me with the diameter (ID and OD both preferably). I'm trying to run 25 psi on my k26/to4b but this compressed stock spring is making very difficult.

#5 ·
Run a boost controller or, bleed valve to keep the gate closed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Thanks. I managed to work it out through VEMS and properly tuned boost PID. A few of us are leaning toward an older n75 being the mechanical restraint in this whole thing. Very agitating :)

#7 ·
I moved away from the N75 control system years ago and never looked back.. I use almost exclusively electronic boost controllers for the abillity to fine tune the boost settings, onset, and gain controls..Controlling it through standalone such as VEMS is a great option as mentioned too..

#8 ·
Before I returned to the n75 I did a stint with a MAC valve but I either chose the wrong diameter hose or length or jacked it up altogether.

I permanently went EBC in the 5000 though with an entry level Chinese brand and it works beautifully despite the $180 price tag. Finally got a nice time delay relay to power up the EBC also. That's another story tho ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.