Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.3 NG 10v engine I've been building and I have some problems I'm having trouble figuring out. so to start I pulled the engine apart because it was low compression with the original intent of just cleaning it up and replacing rings. But the internals were pretty marked up so I decided to go all in and try and make some more power. I got some forged wiseco 8.5:1 7a pistons in it because I thought the 10.5:1 would be to high with the 10v head. but now I'm having trouble figuring out what the compression will come out to and if I'm going to have to turbo or be able to make some NA power. head is ported, and cammed, bottom end is all forged with a lightweight flywheel. bought an EFI conversion through KjetKillers but haven't seen or heard anything in forever and am now looking into getting my money back/ making my own stand alone system. any and all knowledge will probably help. thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
You have some measuring to do... combustion chamber volume, piston volume (volume of the recesses in the piston, not the piston itself), deck clearance, thickness of the compressed head gasket, bore size of the head gasket. Plug those numbers into this calculator (along with the 82.5mm bore and 86.4mm stroke) and hit enter. There are plenty of videos on YT detailing how to get most of those measurements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts