Automobiles Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1216 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,164 ·
Sorry guys, haven't been receiving notifications.

Thanks guys! It's working pretty well, but I need to do a lot more tuning.

Audi4kq, what is the "nevermind" about?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I asked if you were still running CIS still with that launch control, but then realized you were on MS. Keep up the good work, it looks like a fun build!

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,166 ·
audi4kq said:
I asked if you were still running CIS still with that launch control, but then realized you were on MS. Keep up the good work, it looks like a fun build!
It's been a lot of blood sweat and tears on this build. Not only from myself fortunately for me. Lots of help along the way from a lot of much more knowledgeable people than myself.

As for the launch control, I looked over the settings Corey H. has for his 5000 at Carlisle. Most of it looked very similar, but his is set for 55° retarded at launch where as mine is 30° retarded. His settings were setup by Mark(I believe) so I think I'm going to give that a shot. Maybe I'll be able to blow flames like most people expect it to do. Hopefully I'll be able to get the boost down to a reasonable pressure as well.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,167 ·
As of lately I have been fighting to figure out a strange clicking in the front suspension. First I thought it was the el'cheapo strut mounts I threw in, but putting in the new mounts only made my steering wheel off center. Pretty much went over everything I could think of to no avail...

Monday I figured it out and fixed it. Turns out the damn nut had backed off on the strut housing allowing the strut to move! I used a massive pair of channel locks, and turned it nearly 2 full turns! Now I can drive this thing without worrying about the RF wheel falling off! Yay!

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,168 ·
Went with a friend of mine to a car show on Saturday evening. Had a lot of really nice cars and bikes there. On the other hand, it really wasn't my scene. Most cars were modded out to look pretty, make lots of noise, or light up brighter than the sun...

One thing I didn't know, was they were taking pics of every car as they entered... So attached is the one they too of mine. Could be worse all things considered.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,169 ·
I did it again... I have another turbo on the way. This time I will be putting it in! Anyways, it was listed as a Porsche upgrade, but the seller wasn't interested in giving any details. The only thing in the description was "excellent condition". It has obviously been heats cycled many times, as the turbine houseing appears "peeled". That's ok though, I'll get it cleaned up and checked out. I can't find much in the brand though, ITS comes up as a turbo rebuilder in the UK. Anyone have any idea? I'm thinking To4 based.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,170 ·
Ever since they did the damn update, I'm not getting any notifications, and none of my linked pictures work! What the hell is going on!

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,172 ·
Well, I'm killing this K24 at 20psi, so who knows.

As for the pics, it must be my phone...

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,173 ·
I decided to take some comparison pics of a K26 Vs the new turbo. The exhaust housing is an Audi K26 #6 housing, and I think the compressor housing is from a Porsche K26/6.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,174 ·
Well, I can finally let this one out the bag. About a month ago, I had a lengthy discussion with Tim about making a higher flowing, factory placement manifold. Over the past couple weeks, I've been getting some pretty neat pictures of his progress. It almost done now, just one last tube to make for the wastegate. Figure at this point, I can start sharing some of these pics. Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks good, should definitely see an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
429 Posts
DE80q said:
Well, I can finally let this one out the bag. About a month ago, I had a lengthy discussion with Tim about making a higher flowing, factory placement manifold. Over the past couple weeks, I've been getting some pretty neat pictures of his progress. It almost done now, just one last tube to make for the wastegate. Figure at this point, I can start sharing some of these pics. Tell me what you guys think.
I was talking to Tim the other day and he showed me these pics. that def look the business I didnt know it was yours. def more flow to say the least

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,178 ·
CoupeMaster said:
DE80q said:
I was talking to Tim the other day and he showed me these pics. that def look the business I didnt know it was yours. def more flow to say the least
Well, other than Jarid, who else is being dumb enough to push these old tractor engines... :dur:

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,179 ·
Today's mini project seemed to go well. I was getting very little air from the defroster vent, so I pulled the DS knee board to investigate. Turns out one of my cables had detached itself at the controls and was just moving around. I held it in place, and was able to get everything to move as it should.

Now on to the "seemed" part. Drove the car to work tonight, and had zero heat! I honestly think it was cooker inside the car than outside. Now I need to investigate this. Not sure what changed on that front between Friday and tonight...

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,180 ·
It's fixed for now...

As some have pointed out, I did have some air in the system. I filled the tank, and ran it without the cap for a while. Watched the tank level drop significantly... So filled back up and hasn't moved. There is also the issue of the cables no longer being attached to the box. I don't mean where the eyes wrap around the pegs on the arms, but the clips that hold the outer plastic to the heater box. So for now, they are zip tied to the floor vent to keep them from moving. It actually worked extremely well! I can cylce through the different vent positions and adjust the heat level! I'll have to pull the dash out at a later date and fix it correctly.

1161 - 1180 of 1216 Posts