Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year, I converted my 10vt Lemons car to standalone, using an ECUmaster Black ecu. One of the benefits of this was that I could utilize the stock triggers on the flywheel without having to add anything "funny". It's been problem free until recently when it refused to start. For some reason, the ecu wasn't seeing the timing pin anymore (or rather the signal). I verified with an external scope there was a signal, but haven't been able to reclaim the sensor signal to the engine. Though I verified it is still there (the pin), I'm curious if over time it has rusted a bit, resulting in a distorted signal. Does anyone have the pin dimensions (specifically OD)? TIA.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,654 Posts
If I remember correctly it's a 5mm pin. I can't recall off hand how tall it's supposed to stick out though. Years ago I had to make a "mega pin" for someone's aluminum flywheel. That was a 1/2 diameter pin that was turned down to fit the 5mm hole, then machined to properly match the turning radius of the flywheel. VEMS problems...

Reactions: Rustbucket

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember correctly it's a 5mm pin. I can't recall off hand how tall it's supposed to stick out though. Years ago I had to make a "mega pin" for someone's aluminum flywheel. That was a 1/2 diameter pin that was turned down to fit the 5mm hole, then machined to properly match the turning radius of the flywheel. VEMS problems...
Thanks Dave!

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, for any curious parties, the source of my problem ended up being a bad timing sensor-straight from the manufacturer. When I ran out of options, I looked up the specs on the sensor. Audi's spec for resistance is 1000 ohms. The sensor (Facet) purchased from FCP was spec'd at 900 ohms, but tested at 20 ohms. I bought another sensor (tested at 1020 ohms) and it fired up immediately. Just your friendly reminder that parts can be bad out of the box!

· Registered
4,654 Posts
Glad to hear it's running again!

Reactions: Rustbucket
1 - 5 of 5 Posts