Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Looks good. It seems another Urq, started later than mine, is passing me by. :( Keep up the motivating pictures Martin. I think that I will clean up my engine bay today and pull all the cables and harness back through the firewall.

I sure wish my fuse box was already out under the hood. Have you had the pleasure of relocating one out from under the dash to the engine bay? How much headache am I getting into when I go that way. Do you know how much difference there is between a doner Coupe GT harness with the digital dash and an 83 Urq? What problems do I need to expect?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I'm not really a digidash type guy and more old school analog, but because they are not real common I have played with the idea of going digital. Do you think a digidash would even come close to being able to keep up with a fast revving built motor? Anyone ever driven one to comment on how fast they keep up and how far the mph/rpm gauges go? I really wouldn't be interested in a speedometer that topped out at 110 mph.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I thought about it for awhile and in the end gave away my two digidashes and decided to go analog. I'm just not convinced that the digital can keep up with a fast revving 20vt. That and splicing wires to make things work didn't sound like fun. I still think that it would be a nice touch in a moderately modded 20vt DD just not mine.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
If you have the harness all ready and it's just going to be a ~300hp DD, then I'd say go for it. They are unique and like you say so 80's. What color digi?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
:woowoo: Good job Martin. It looks like it's coming along nicely.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
ralleyquattro said:
ShavedQuattro said:
Nice Martin! The car is looking like it is coming together! Looks like another monster urq in the making. I will be interested in to how you deal with the 01e linkage.
I think I've chosen the Ur-s4/016 path. I don't have any 01Es at the moments (all sold) and still waiting for the three to arrive from Europe so it might be a while till I have something to work with.

Then the driveshaft puzzle will commence as well.

Cheers
Can't wait. :D I like puzzles!!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Craig, he wouldn't forget you on that end, just make sure Martin remembers me on this end. :wink: :D

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I like the thought of them being out of the way and it seems it makes for a cleaner engine compartment. You may have to make custom wires to get the extra length and still run the wires nice and neat, but you were probably going to anyhow. Do you have a plastic cover still in one piece to cover them if installed on the inside? Can those pieces still be bought?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Only issue I have is the heartbreak of drilling two holes in the firewall for the wires to go through
:lol: :lol:
I was going to say something about that, but decided that it's not that big a deal. I like it that I'm not the only one that thinks that way however. Where did you buy the new plastic rain tray.....dealer?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I'm impressed with the progress Martin!! I too am rather surprised to see the core support cut......thought I was on a different thread at first. I'm still holding out with my project, but I haven't progressed to the find room for an intercooler yet either. Done well with straight cuts, it really isn't bad at all, but the idea is still hard. Heck, I'm still having a hard time with the concept of kicking out the stock 10vt for a nice 20vt, but I don't like 160hp so something will have to be done eventually. Keep up the nice work.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Looking good Martin. This car ought to be a runner and lots of fun. Looks like Craig's car is going to have a run for it's money.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I think that the only reason you Canadian guys get so much work done on your cars is that you don't have to spend time trying to find sun roof seals so they don't leak or figure out how to at least make them quieter. :wink: :D

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
:woowoo: :woowoo: Way to go Martin. I'm way excited to see this car get back on the road and get the bugs worked out. Way nice work!! Videos would be nice however. :D

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
How do you appraise something like this car. They are rare and in this case not stock, which would seem to be a hard go for an appraiser unless he was familiar with this car. I would be waaaay interested in a ballpark figure if you are willing. I need to think about specialty insurance, but I don't really know where to start other than what I have into Her Urq.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Doesn't sound fun, but how hot could it be? Hit 104 F here yesterday. :( Hope you guys get it worked out. It's ashame to have that nice of a car not running up to it's potential. Hang in there!!!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Hang in there Martin. It gets better. The kids will get better, then they get older, and will eventually even move out leaving you with nothing but the old Audis to get frustrated with. :wink: I feel your pain, but you will get it.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Nothing like a bit of good with the bad!! I feel for you on the rear end. Like Craig said, it could have been much worse, but it has still been hit and that just sucks. Good luck on getting it back to acceptable to your high standard. The car looks and sounds great!! I am really interested in the 3071 numbers as I am in the process of swapping in a 3071 billet turbo into my Urq. ?????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.