Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I picked up a 87 4000cs a little over a month ago. she's been a awesome little car so far. the long and short of it is that oil pressure has gone to the gutter. I've got a 2.3 that I can pick up for dirt cheap. I know its a direct bolt in, but was curious if anyone knows if there is anything else I should be prepared with for the swap. any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
the jt wiring can run the ng

you will need the ng intake manifolds and fueling and intake boot, exhaust stuff is all 4kq header and dp

im doing the same swap lmk if you have more questions

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 2.3 has been pulled from a car for some time ago.. and the car has since had a turbo efi motor dropped in it. my friend should have all the goodies I need laying around in his shop.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You need a NF head to on that 2.3 for it to work with 4000kq intake, or you can use the stock 4000kq head on the block if the engine is a NG code.. ? The valves are bigger in the NF and NG head, you could swap the valves to the JT head I would take the head to a competent machinist to have this done right....

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
or you can run the bigvalve head with the ng intake manifold and its fuel lines/inj's and a 90q 10v intake boot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts