Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to do this, it makes me cringe a little, but I have decided to offer my 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro for sale. It is an early build so it has the factory bag-o-snakes header. Pearl white with black leather. Runs and drives great! Recently passed emissions inspection in Salt Lake City with no problems whatsoever.

I had intended to restore this to a great daily driver, or possibly an S2 conversion. I only purchased it this May after longing for a CQ since I was young. However, life finds its way, and I have a little bit too much on my plate already to have this be my project car. Building a new house, putting in a yard, small kids, and my other projects have kept me from giving this car the time and attention it needs to be a real head turner. Please come buy it and give it a new home!

Looking for $1,200.00

The Good:
-Has 034 fuel injector update
-Has 034 silicon intake boot
-Both windows and sunroof are working!
-7A engine pulls strong, runs great
-Transmission shifts well
-Has aftermarket Brullen exhaust that the PO put on (sounds awesome, only a little louder than factory but very nice tone, definitely won't be a problem for your neighbors)
-Trip computer works

The Bad:
-Drivers seat is split and will need to be re-covered
-ABS not functioning
-Fog lights are missing (but you want an RS2 bumper anyway, right? :wink: )
-Cruise control linkage is missing
-A/C not working (diagnostics in the head unit suggest the hot/cold servo motor is bad)
-Leaks a little hydraulic fluid
-Leaks a little oil
-I don't know which PO installed the aftermarket stereo, but the wiring needs to be redone, it's kind of a mess back there!
-Some damage that the PO before me had repaired on the drivers side rear quarter panel is primed (in white), but not painted. He gave me a kit of a 3 part paint that is supposed to match to spray over it (3 rattle cans: base, pearl, clear) that he ordered for the car and never got around to using, and neither have I!
-Autocheck not working

Soooo, I really feel like this is a good car to start with and restore or convert to S2/RS2 spec, and the coupes are SOOOO rare any more that I really hope somebody who wants to work on this car will buy it. I am not interested in parting it out.

Thanks for looking! Send a PM if interested

Attachments

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
sad to see you moving on so quick! I'd love to give it a home, but I don't think it is in the cards for now. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had no intention of moving on so quick Dave! I just have so many other things on my plate right now I can't stand to watch it just sit, you know! Thanks for the wishes :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't seem to add photos to my original post, but here are some others:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
hmmm. i dont need another car nor another project....

but i could make room for this i do believe.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Ugh, thank god you're in Colorado, or I'd want this even more than I already do. Even still, if I had the $$, the time off, and a plane ticket, I'd be ALL over this.
GLWS.

·
Registered
332 Posts
apparently i live in the wrong part of the country to be an audi fan, cars, and parts for these older models are so hard to come by down here in the southeast! if it were closer i'd have to seriously think about hooking up the trailer and grabbing it :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked it up in colorado, but I'm actually in Utah. Which unfortunately is even further than colorado for you psychorally. Bummer!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Speeding G60, i'd love to add to your collection ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sale Pending!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Let me know what's up :) I'm looking for a coupe as well

·
Registered
46 Posts