View attachment 5

this happen in August
View attachment 4

in September this happen
View attachment 3
Look it's a garage full of Audis

now October I did some work
View attachment 2
this car is being parted out viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
motor is out but has drop a valve viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41664" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
View attachment 1
tranny is out too

Well you guys guessed it an other coupe engine swap

I've been planing to do this for a while and it's going to take a lot of work and time, I'm going completely strip the coupe and rebuild it and it's going to take 2 to 3 years to finish it.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man going to need some help from some of guy that all ready did this swap.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tore into the coupe last week and got all of the front suspention out including the sub frame
View attachment 13
the springs have there better days.broken one on the right
View attachment 12 View attachment 11 View attachment 10 View attachment 9
inner fender needs so cleaning and there some surface damage from the broken spring.

View attachment 8
sway bar in good shape and the links too,not siezed,just need some cleaning.
View attachment 7

View attachment 6

View attachment 5
sub frame has been hit, bent at one spot hmmmmmmmm.....anybody got a spare V6 sub frame?
View attachment 4
stock hubs out urs4 in, whit mod.
View attachment 3
too bad, looks like the brakes where done just before I got the car.the rotor has some surface rust, big brakes for me tho.

wheel dollys are not just for wheels :dur:
also was busy to get ready for this project
View attachment 2
homemade sandblaster I got the plans of the net.

and this is some of the results
View attachment 1

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cool,

I also used toilet flanged drain :roll: on my homemade sandblaster cabinet, made mine out of a big rubbermade box.

Keep up the work.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the bushing were replace so don't think I'll change them.
but since I'm swaping to a 01E may as well get a V6 sub frame anybody got one for sale

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would be correct V6q subframe is what I need

wtb V6q sub frame

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fenders are off
View attachment 4 View attachment 3
Inner fenders have some derusting to do. Wash, scrape, seam sealer and rubber under coating will fix that.
View attachment 2 View attachment 1
Bottom part of the fenders decided to stay on the car. :x and rocker panels seen their better days.the passenger side took a beating

so I will be replacing the rockers and fenders with new ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
getting ready to pull the engine and transmission out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got some work done on it View attachment 2 View attachment 1
axels and driveshaft are out, the radiator and condenser came apart really good the hose of the A/C just unscrewed off with out any problems can't say that for the S4 I had a hell of a time I strip the threads off the the condenser and cut the hose from the compressor the end of the hose are still siezed on there. :frustrated: .
that's brougth me to think, I want to keep the A/C, I have to decide which set up to use the 7A set up or AAN, I'll have to read up on that I'm sure that I find some write-up on it or I some has some help let me know, I hear that the trubo may interfere with the compressor on the 7A set up.the front snub nose crossmember is going need replacing hopefully the one on my part car will still be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
that is the procon ten cable, it can be removed, but for fun search you tube for audi procon ten commercial

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I guess they expected everyone to have only a slight grasp on the steering wheel? It looks like if your were firmly holding the wheel it would suck your hands into the dash...that might hurt.
They must have gone away with the procon ten system when airbags were implemented.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
those are cool video
Dave, do you have A/C in your coupe?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
View attachment 6 View attachment 5 View attachment 4 as you can see, I removed the procon-ten, those bracket were taking a lot of room. View attachment 3 View attachment 2 steering rack is off, dirty but doesn't seem to be leaking. I will be be buying a seal kit for it anyway.

Next on the list is: View attachment 1 removal of wiring harness,brake servobattery tray and those crapy fuel lines.

As for the wiring harness do I remove all of it, or just the one for the ecu?HHMMMMMMM will have to look it to this further,any advice

Attachments

1 - 20 of 77 Posts