Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
audis2clone said:
those are cool video
Dave, do you have A/C in your coupe?
yes and no, i dont currently but i left provisions for it, i have intentions on putting it back in this summer.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
what will be your set up of choice 7A or AAN are going to use oem or later 90 stuff

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
so that would mean that you have not change to the AAN belt set up, but what I'm wondering is will the compressor interfere with the turbo at its stock location?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
it theoretically should not interfere with the turbo, the stock aan oil return line would not work with it and so an s2 oil pan or other provision would need to be made for the oil return line. the compressor should fit i'm worried about some of the other hard lines that are used which i might have to have made out of rubber to make it work.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
what about the AAN set up would there be enough room for it in front of the radiator and custom made lines?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
thats a question i couldnt really answer, you are talking with a sidemount radiator? I would assume not but this is purely speculation, you could easily pop your hood and put the compressor there and see if it fits...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
yes side mount, may have to tilt it a little. I would prefer to use the AAN belt set-up, I will have to see went I put it back together.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I going to try to put the AAN A/C compressor in the 7A location to see if it'll line up, if it does I will put in a idler pully between the crank and compressor, mesure and reroute the belt.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Tore the interior out of the coupe View attachment 10 View attachment 9 This in going to need some cleaning and some replacement of under lay View attachment 8 View attachment 7 here comes the bad news View attachment 6 View attachment 5 Damn water leak it rusted from the inside out. :frustrated: :curses:
So I went and had a visite with the doner car View attachment 4 View attachment 3 View attachment 2 View attachment 1 she in good shape, one bad fender and a seized engine, going to take the head of this engine,if I can't find a AAN head and leave the running 7A alone for possible future role in this car :D
It does have a good floor just some minor surface rust.
Now I have to way my options cut the floor of the doner car or just put in a patch?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
wow that is suprising, never really seen that, if it were me doing it i would perfer to cut out original from the donor and weld into the cq, I assume they are very similar if not exactly the same.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
according to etka they are, even the rocker panels are the same numbers witch I need.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm a little puzzeled as why the 90 sedan would have paint interior and not the my coupe maybe if it would of been painted it wouldn't have rusted due to the extra protection.

Dave was the interior of your coupe painted? BTW your tread was one of the first one I read before starting this project

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
no mine are not painted. The model year 1995 coupes in europe had the option of black "upper" interior trim, i imported it all from europe, except the headliner which i recovered myself.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I was manly refering to the floor boards under the carpeting if you look at th 90 it has red color match to the rest of the body

·
Registered
67 Posts
The inside of my 91 coupe was all painted. Some of the tar board was put down after primer and then painted red and some of the tar board was put down after it was pained red.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
i missunderstood that, i thought you were talking about my interior trim, yes the floors in mine are painted as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ok mine was not painted only primed in gray and tar paper View attachment 5 View attachment 4 I think that my car may have missed a step during assembly, the guy must of need a pee brake. :wtf:
Cleaned up the passenger side it was all right just have to tar paper and yes I will be painting the interior. View attachment 3 My A4 needed a fuel filter due to a leak so that took time away from doing any thing to the coupe, did manange to clean the dash with cleaner a pressure wash, look great now View attachment 2 View attachment 1 After some cleaning and moving stuff around some space open up in the garage.
The dondor car is coming in to be hacked up this is going to fun. :dur:

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I was wrong about the rocker panels they are different and have a different part number

21 - 40 of 77 Posts