Automobiles Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Lost happen since I last posted in my life, after working 26 years at the meat plant, it finally closed
But I did have a 3 year warning that it was coming. So unemployment here I come

On the bright side I got more time to work on the coupe. The rear subframe is put together, painted the frame and control arms new bushings and 034 subframe bushings
View attachment 1
Going to leave all nuts and bolts loose and torque them to spec . once I have the car weight on the wheels

Also been busy with this

That's right S4 rotors turned down to 280mm for the rears just wating for the S8 carriers to come in later this month

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Why would you use smaller rotors with S8 carriers?

On my 80q I have A8L carriers and rotors...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
To answer your question it because I was following the big brake kit from Paul at S2central not knowing that the b5 hubs have 8mm more offset then the coupe or S2 hubs, they have to use 2007 S4 rotors and turn them down to 280mm, I found that out the hard way. I'm going to use A8 rotors

Here that this car hasn't seen this in a few years

Wheels.

With 280 mm rotors behind them
Tires may be to wide 235/45ZR17 hope not

Attachments

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hey Serge, I have been following your project a long time... always enjoy the updates.

You'll be fine with 235/45-17s, but you'll want a set of 5mm spacers up front. When I installed A8 323x30mm rotors up front I also needed to clearance them on the inside radius to clear the TRE. My black coupe build thread has the info, page two or three I think.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I already have the spacers

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
So today I decided to tackle the heater box and take it apart to clean it and let me tell you if you think that it wasn't needed well here look and this
View attachment 1

The clean side

The dirty side I don't think much air is passing threw this
I'm glad I decided to open it up

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

Cleaned up and new foam install now just got to put it back together

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

First axle rebuilt 3 more to go

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
All 4 axels are rebuilt and are in the car

The motor is slowly being rebuild
Je piston
Scat rods
Titanium valve spring and holders
7A cams

I still have to install the interior

But all of that is on hold till The end of February when I'm done school so the car is put away till then

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hey guys it's been awhile since I posted anything since I finished school I've been out looking for work, nothing yet. So dicide to work on the car, I've been eying an 95 90 that was parked in a driveway not far my so I picked up for $200. So I striped it for the following parts.

Brake booster
Front strut bar
The door locks since mine were all sized while at it the steering column so I'll have the keys that matches
Black interior carpet with a deadman foot rest
Center console with leg padding on the side
Black dash
Front axel cv joints witch I'm going to need to convert to RWD for tuning, I've got a spare torsen to weld up.

That car has gone to the crusher

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Well decided to wrap my wood trim
My 2008 A4 has black and brushed aluminum so I'm going to do the same to the coupe.

View attachment 1

A4

Now this was my frist crack at it and I know I have to redo the astray again, also I ordered the wrap 12"×60",but it was in the wrong brush pattern, can you say newbie much :stupid:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
good choice with the brushed aluminum vinyl look. i did the same on the interior of my black cq (you can see pics on my project page of it finished). If i could redo it again i would go with the 3M brushed steel vinyl, it's a tad darker. The aluminum is really bright on the inside of the car.

I'm quite jealous of your rotisserie.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Thanks man
I got the rest of them done today

I very happy with the results.

I made the rotisserie myself with two harbor freight (princess auto north of the boarder) engine stands.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I know that I haven't been able to post for a while but thing have been hectic at the new job that I started in July, but with that said here's what has been happening.

The engine is back from the shop
View attachment 4

Also installed my aluminum fly wheel
View attachment 3

I've opened up the transmission and installed all new synchronizer from jhm.
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Notice that the end is still not installed that because where I live there is no AWD dyno so I have to weld one of my torsen differential to make it RWD. Just have to bring it to a shop to TIG weld it.

And today I cleaned up this

The drive shaft with a 4000 front half.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Finally got the clutch in and joined the motor and transmission
View attachment 2

And put them in the car
View attachment 1

Got to clean up the garage and put the car away fot the winter

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
[Hi just tough I would update this project.
Even though it's been almost six years since I've posted on this project it is still alive lots has been done on it since then interior is almost finished engine is inside the car and now and working on downpipe and intercooler piping to got it all together.
But here's my challenge trying to run a Wagner intake manifold with the AAN serpentine belt setup. There is going to be some modifications to be done to the manifold to be able to secure the throttle body with the bolts and I made a bracket for the throttle cable

View attachment 1
View attachment 2

Attachments

61 - 77 of 77 Posts