Automobiles Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
DE80q said:
The 044 does make some noise, but that how you know it's working haha. Anyways, if you can find an inline pump rated to your expected HP output, then you can use it. You just need one with the correct fittings for either end.

The light output comment was over the DOT headlights.
Oh for sure. OEM DOT headlights are certainly trash.

I'll keep researching fuel pumps. I really don't expect hp to get above 250ish... Not planning on replacing the stock turbo or anything

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Got the new Hella H4's installed. What a huge difference from the Depo's. I'd 100% recommend getting the real stuff every time. The difference is insane.

As always, one step forward, 3 steps back though.

My wipers stopped working completely. We tested the switches at the stock and I think they are okay, we were trying to test the motor and relay but blew the fuse. The relay just will NOT come out. the cover comes off, but the relay won't unstick. I want to find a replacement relay before I try to pry it out.

My brakes have, now for the second time, seized up on the rotors. It happens after standing on brakes in traffic for a while, and they just won't loosen up until I start driving without using them for a bit. They drag and will not release.

Also, my fuel pump is about to die. Making a ton of noise and getting stuttering/chugging on acceleration.

My mechanic is supposed to do heater core, new dash, and hopefully swap the fuel pump this week.
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Wheel
Hood Automotive lighting Wood Vehicle Car
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Vehicle

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Lights look good! Maybe the calipers need to be rebuilt? I can't imagine what a mechanic charges to do the heater core.
Yea... I honestly would take way too long for it to be worth trying myself.. I'd rather pay him what he'll cost than try to figure it out myself. It would take a month haha.

He thinks the brakes are maybe the master cylinder. I will take the brakes apart in the next few weekends and just regrease the sliders and stuff. see how they are doing. Maybe they're just jammed up.

Really confused on the wipers. Maybe the motor went?

61 - 64 of 64 Posts