Automobiles Forum banner
181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Congrats on a quick sale...hope it went to a good home.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You better get on the urq to dull the pain that i am sure you are feeling.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Yes, it went quick. And it is painful, given the blood sweat and tears I've put into over the years. I bought the car in 2005 and the first forum I joined was s2forum.com...It took a couple more years to stop lurking here and actually join this forum.

I'm glad that I could finally update the threads with the transaction finalized today, as my phone and email has been like another part time job for the past week and a half. I had a deposit on a fair offer within two days, with more than 5 offers lined up behind it waiting for it to fall through. Two of which were above the list price. I also could of had my pick of a variety of colors of Stg3 B5 S4's. :roll:

I tried to price it fair to move it in a reasonable time frame. No sense pricing it too high, only to eventually bring it down to market value. IMO, it is a paint job away from being an $18K car. And right now, it looks pretty darn good from a few feet away. Has anyone seen what decent LHD S2's go for these days? We're not talking about beat, rusty, RHD cars from the flooded UK market here. Granted it's not a real S2, but you also don't have to import it either. The primary value was in being an LHD S2 replica, not a 20VT conversion, with basically 3K miles on all mechanicals. There just aren't many of these around to choose from. 20VT urq's are more plentiful.

And I just don't want to hang onto something for the sake of hanging onto it. If I'm not driving it, what is a car good for? A business tool? Maybe, but I've already got two others that will pick that piece up where this one left off. Knowledge gained...check.

I hope the new owner enjoys it, drives it, and takes care of it. I don't know the plans, but I'm sure we'll hear something about it in the future...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Delivery date is Friday, unfortunately I will not be there to see it or drive it :(

Glad you and my brother got everything squared away. I "think" the plans for the immediate future include: splitting DD-time with a B5S4 while the S4 gets its go fast goodies. Then....then...the e-S2 will get some new go fast goodies.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Right now his S4 is just chip tuned with piggies, but he is contemplating aggressive K04s or laid back 605s. Perhaps I will make a build thread on it when his funds enter the black again ;) haha

·
Registered
234 Posts
I doubt he would ever let me drive one of them in that fashion :p haha

You may get a coupe vs. S6 video though!

·
Registered
234 Posts
ShavedQuattro said:
I am dying to know his thoughts on the car!! They look great together!
He's out driving it right now. I'll have to ask him what he thinks.

methinks he will eventually learn to love the coupe more than the b5 8)

181 - 200 of 220 Posts