Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my radiator fan started constantly running with the key in the on position and/or with the car actually running, even when the car is started from completely cold. At the same time the 2nd speed fan relay (#2 in the main fuse panel) constantly clicks repeatedly pretty fast, about twice a second. I tried unplugging the radiator temp switch, the after temp sensor, and what i think is the pressure switch for the AC (which doesnt work btw, and the belt is removed) and none of them change anything. and I tried swapping out that relay with 2 different spares that both do the same thing..

So what are the other triggers for that relay and/or the fan? I cant make sense of the wiring diagrams.. Any other thoughts?! thanks a lot

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,594 Posts
Is the climate control on or off when you turn the key on? Try unplugging the afterrun temp sensor on the water manifold.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the climate control didn't effect it, but i just went out and played with it some more and it will remain the same in all the cc modes except defrost, when i hit that button it stops, and stays off as far i can tell, until you change to any other setting, weird.. gremlins in cc ctrl unit..? but feel like im missing something else

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just to update this for anyone in the future, it was a bad climate ctrl unit that was causing this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts