Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new guy here! I'm seriously thinking of stuffing a 3.6 into my '93 URS4 along with a couple of turbos and Javad's electronics. While reading the Audifan's archieves I ran into a post that claimed the 3.6 auto motor wouldn't bolt up to a 5 speed- only 3.6 blocks that were originally sticks would work. Is this true? I've run into some brands where the auto motors didn't have the bored crank for the stick input shaft and bearing, etc. Anybody know what the real story is with the 3.6 block/crank? TIA, Conrad :)

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
They do bolt up...May be a slight issue with a bolt hole or two, but nothing major.

Ask Nate (Newt) or Ben (Kung_Fu_4.2). Nate's doing a PT code 3.6L 32v, with turbos, in a B3q. Ben is doing an ex-A8 4.2L 32v in a B4q.

Also, you can find Radim Ikea on AudiWorld (sometimes), goes by 1SlowAudi. Monster turbo'd PT code 3.6L into a Type44 (ex 5ktq, it had a heavily built AAN, which he popped, had nitrous too, then rebuilt it and sold it and started on the PT build).

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Anyone have a good source on one of these PT v8's? I want to put on in a coupe quattro.

Regards,
Justin

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You just have to watch ebay. Most salvage yards will quote you $2500 to $3500 for a motor with 75000 miles or more if you call around. You need to find a wrecked V8 car and drive a hard bargain. THEN, you need to find a euro S6 plus flywheel or similar. The v8 manual flywheel is uber rare used but can be had new at the dealer for about $450. Everything crosses over to the B3/B4 manual with the exception of the presure plate. Clutch disc and t-bearing are the same. So the three parts you need are: v8 flywheel, v8 pilot bearing, v8 pressure plate. btw, sachs makes both a standard pressure plate and an uprated one....you will want that if you're going turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Justin- check the Audifans marketplace- a guy just posted a V8 hit in the rear, drive-it-home condition for $1200.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
justin-

i've got a mechanic here in bozeman, MT with a V8 that was rearended hard. Not driveable, but the engine bay is clean as a whistle. I forget how many miles on it but think it was under 100k.....get a hold of me if you want me to look more or the # for the mechanic.

cheers
jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts