Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting an mc1 into my 4000. I have a 3b clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/and transmission with clutch fork and slave. It looks like the position of the timing pin is one tooth different. Can anyone confirm that it will or wont work with the CIS mac11 ecu? I've searched the archive but no luck.
The 3b is soooo much lighter. I thought if it is a problem I could machine a new pin in the right spot.

·
Administrator
12,586 Posts
Should be in the same spot. 3B FW is the same thing as the MC2 FW.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I didn't realize mc2 and 3b had the same flywheel but I had an extra mc2, same part number as the 3b, same pin position. The thing that got me is I marked the position of timing pin on the back of the motor, then mounted the 3b and the pin was a tooth off. Lining them up on the bench it looks one tooth off too. I've never heard about any differences in flywheel pin positions. I'm about to put it together and go with it, but I don't want to get this together and have a no start tdc sensor code.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read some of the other similar post that came up and Derek states all 5cyl timing pins are the same except urq maybe? He ran a 7a on Mac 11 so ill check it vs my 7a but it looks like maybe im not looking at something right and it should work fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts