9. Sc_09iduA
10. T44Avant
11. JoelMathCS
12. avwquattro
13. khanhle

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for keeping up with Issam on that. It would be tragic if he opted out of old Audi products...that is one reason I sometimes buy 2-3 of the useful parts people make. I'd guess that he got burned bad on the crank dampener development? I bought 2 of those, amongst lots of other stuff from him over the past years. My experience is that he is not so great on communication and schedules, but does follow thru and the parts/support are great. I'm old enough to have learned that I value the latter much more than the former. Of course, I've also got a schedule to hit with my 20vt race engine by spring, so I'm running out of time for that one. Here is hoping something happens a little quicker...

·
Registered
30 Posts
ejfluhr said:
Thanks for keeping up with Issam on that. It would be tragic if he opted out of old Audi products...that is one reason I sometimes buy 2-3 of the useful parts people make. I'd guess that he got burned bad on the crank dampener development? I bought 2 of those, amongst lots of other stuff from him over the past years. My experience is that he is not so great on communication and schedules, but does follow thru and the parts/support are great. I'm old enough to have learned that I value the latter much more than the former. Of course, I've also got a schedule to hit with my 20vt race engine by spring, so I'm running out of time for that one. Here is hoping something happens a little quicker...
Not the dampeners; those are still going strong. That reminds me, I need to buy a dry sump mandrel from him for my race engine.

You're right; he ALWAYS comes through. I prefer quality and delivery, rather than daily communication.

I'll nudge him again today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, I have an update. Issam has a few of these ready. They're modified AAN manifolds he's selling to raise the funds to make a batch of cast manifolds.

He told me I could post here to let everyone know. I'd be more than happy to create a group buy for everyone and handle the logistics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dean - are you still hesitating to invest in this project because of Issam's product? I would like to go ahead and just pick one of these up from Issam but if youve started this project based on the word of mine and other people, I wouldn't want to back out. Please update us ASAP, I assume these manifolds Issam has will be gone quick.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Holding out for the cast ones.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
james12lucy said:
alxdgr8 said:
Holding out for the cast ones.

They won't happen until these all sell.

Understand. I don't need two and I'm not in a rush...so hopefully enough other people interested.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts