Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey marc, a couple of questions about your fender clearancing/rolling

#1. what size tires do you run and what offset do you have on your rims that would require rolling the lips?

#2. did you order those ronal's for the 4kq application? cause every time I look on their site, they only show for the other audi models. I currently have rims that were from a 99 mercury cougar.

stupid 17"s are bent and i want to step down to 16" maybe even 15" and I have been looking at the ronal rz 15x7.5 ( looks like a bmw mesh style) and i also found an ASA rim called the AR1 that looks killer, in a 16x7, but i'm looking to run some 225's if possible, I currently have 215/40/17 with no problems or rubbing.
anybody have any tire fitment help the could give me for a lowered 4kq??

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cursed rims :x or better yet....... cursed roads :x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Hi Dereck,

Tires are 205/45/16 Kuhmo Ecesta (sp?)

I only needed to roll the rear fenders, no rubbing issues up front. Other people have run the same size tires without issues on rims with roughly the same offset.. ET35 if memory serves. I think the main reason why my tires had clearance issues in the rear is due to the 7.5 width of the rim flaring the edges of the tire out a bit more.

The wheels my dad originally bought for his Saab 9000. He had them sitting in the basement and was going to sell them until I found out they were the same 4x108 bolt circle and I made him give them to me for my birthday a few years back. All I had to do was call up Ronal and they were able to sell me a set of hubcentric centering rings for relatively cheap and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, did your tires rub the very back edge of the fender lip,inside? mine do when I have people sit in the back, i guess when the suspension squats, it pushes the wheel back and up(duh) and it just catches the edge of my tire. so what i said earlier about no rubbing was a complete and utter lie, but there aren't any issues in the front. I run 17x7 ET40 i believe.a pretty good fit overall though. I think that if I ran coilover springs that were stiffer I wouldn't have the rubbing problem in the rear.

oh, hey, would you happen to still have that fender roller? if so could a borrowing of that thing be arranged so i could roll mine up a bit to?

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Dereck,

the tire was rubbing at the plastic splash guard for the rear tire. I think I've got a pic of it somewhere.. ah, here it is:

on the fender roller, I rented it from Rob Andrews a few years back. Not sure if he still has it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok yeah. mine rubs in the same spot, cept i'm through the plastic and on to the sheet metal, although I have to push pretty hard through a corner to get to hit. it doesn't seemt to be cutting the tire so i'm ok with it til' i get new whells and tires, thanks for the pic though, that confirms what my symptom :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts