Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get a 5bar map sensor or even a 3.5 bar with the 034efi? I plan on running 30-35psi eventual and want the ecu to know whats going on.

Justin

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Justin, yes, we can install the new Motorolla 5 BAR Map sensor if need be, if not the 2.5 Bar will easily get you to 25psi.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought you calculated how much boost a certain map sensor was good for be taking the rating, subtracting one and then multiplying that number by 14.7.

so:
(2.5-1)*14.7=22.05 psi from the 2.5 bar

Am I doing this wrong?

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Justin, no that is absolutely correct, but the ECU will continue to fuel even past the max boost of the MAP sensor, and IME, the 2.5 Bar MAP will go to 25psi easily and fuel accurately. Now, granted, lets say you want to run 28psi, the unit will still function, you will just tune the fuel parameters at the max boost (which is at 22psi with a 2.5 bar MAP) for your actual 28psi needs. This is obviously not an ideal situation, but you can see that the ECu does not shut down when it sees 23psi, it just cannot modify the fuel or ignition for higher pressures it cannot see, but this is not to say that what it is delivering at that level can't be tailored for higher pressure levels. Since the unit is so programmable, you can make work-arounds like this in a pinch.

Hope this is somewhat clear, I've got a nasty cold and am trying to reason through some Dayquil.

·
Registered
359 Posts
olsonjus said:
Is it possible to get a 5bar map sensor or even a 3.5 bar with the 034efi? I plan on running 30-35psi eventual and want the ecu to know whats going on.

Justin
That VMAP sensor might be something you could use. It is an adjustable one.

http://www.moreboost.com/

No affiliation (wouldn't that be cool).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts