Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up the other day, and really have no need for it as I already have a spare just incase mine gets destroyed. This one is in very good shape, the only minor problem is the 2 5mm pins on the clutch side are broken. I say this is a minor issue, as they are not needed, just there from factory assembly(or so Im told). The timing pin on the engine side is in great shape. I put this in a parts washer tank last night, and scrubbed with a little scotch brite just to clean off a little dirt, and rust. Nothing major, just pretty it up a little.

tonite, I plan to to remove the broken pins(and possibly replace if I still have a pair) and machine the sureface. This will make it ready to bolt on minus a new pilot bearing. The pilot in it, seems to be in good shape, but I would still recomend replacing it. I will make sure to include the snap rings that hold it in. I can also get a new pilot bearing, but it will be a rubber seal, not viton seal like the OEM.

Im asking:
$150 shipped in lower 48, with the machine work done
$160 shipped in lower 48, with a new pilot bearing installed.

I will post pics shortly.

Thanks for looking :dur:

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No time at work last nite, so as is option still available.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Machine work is done. I only removed .006" to true up the face. This was done in a lathe just like factory. The broken pins were removed, and ready to install new ones if you wish. I may have a pair, but not sure. If I do find a pair, I will install them.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any one? Am i asking too much?

·
Administrator
12,595 Posts
Maybe just a little? Also why didn't you resurface the whole face? That needs to be done so the pressure plate mounts level.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Austin, the machine work was done per machining standard. I contacted 5 different local shops and the all said that unless it is needs more than .010" worth of material off the face to clean it up, they will not remove the alignment pins and machine only the disk contact area. that will also be done in a mill on a rotating table. That process will leave spiral marks that are much more abrasive than the machine marks left from a lathe turning.

For what its worth, if the .006" drop bothers someone, I will gladly pull the pins, and turn the entire surface.

As for the price, I normaly see these FW's going for between $100-$120, plus shipping. All of those needed machined.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
hrm...

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump, offers?

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Need a MS bump!

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump

·
Registered
102 Posts
I paid $175 shipped for one of these like the day before you posted this... broken pins too

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
derekste said:
I paid $175 shipped for one of these like the day before you posted this... broken pins too
Ouch, was that machined?

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, its what I am running to attach it to the 01A in my 80q

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
A set of bolts? :p

All the I5 engines we generally discuss here (the one used from ~1980 to ~1996) have the same bolt pattern on the crankshaft and the flywheel from any of them will bolt to any other. Engines with the two VR sensors near the flywheel (such as the MC) need a trigger pin that sticks out the "back" of the flywheel (the crankshaft side), and the 7A flywheel has that pin.

So really the only question is whether the FW is compatible with your transmission. I can say for sure it works with an 01A tranny and will not work with an 016, others I don't know about.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for answering that one Eric. This is the flywheel most of us use to run on the 01a and 01e transmission. I cant really say on the 016, as I have never run one of them. IIRC you can use this flywheel with the 3B clutch to run the 016, but cant say that for sure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.