Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MG

I've been unsuccessful in confirmation of this info:

Installing a PLX wideband O2 system and need to run a single wire for 0-1v into the stock ECU so the PLX controller can mimic the narrowband signal. My Bentley manual does NOT have a wiring diagram....only O2 sensor troubleshooting steps. I'm able to confirm that the connectors in the pics are for the stock narrowband system. Can any of you tell me what each wire is for? I have some guesses, but would be highly illogical to do so in all practicality :dur:

Instead of cutting/splicing/tapping into a wire at the ECU, couldn't I just build a male connector to run the single wire into the stock connector and send the mimic signal into the ECU that way??

My stock ECU = 4 connectors
Stock O2 sensor = 3 wire....2 white + 1 black

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
DFrosty said:
Instead of cutting/splicing/tapping into a wire at the ECU, couldn't I just build a male connector to run the single wire into the stock connector and send the mimic signal into the ECU that way??

Stock o2 sensor..
The two white wires are the switched 12v to the sensor's heater.
The single wire is the actual o2 sensor's 'signal' output.

If your wideband actually has an output that 'mimics' a narrowband sensor, I can't see why what you suggest wouldn't work (except that it may pick up interference? Maybe use a shielded cable to the stock o2 sensor connection point?)
Easy to go back if things don't work out your way too..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Katman said:
DFrosty said:

Stock o2 sensor..
The two white wires are the switched 12v to the sensor's heater.
The single wire is the actual o2 sensor's 'signal' output.

If your wideband actually has an output that 'mimics' a narrowband sensor, I can't see why what you suggest wouldn't work (except that it may pick up interference? Maybe use a shielded cable to the stock o2 sensor connection point?)
Easy to go back if things don't work out your way too..
:thanks:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.