Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently opened up my NG engine and the pistons and head are all marked up due to something getting in at some point. The valves look good and I think the head should be fine to be resurfaced but the pistons are the problem. The only new 2.3 pistons I can find are for a 7a, would these pistons work with my 10v head or are the clearances not right. Any ideas or knowledge is welcome thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I didn't see any replies so...

NG & 7A pistons are not compatible. The 20v head has move volume in the head chamber and uses a flat-top piston. The NG has less volume in the head so the piston is dished.

Either you need a replacement engine, or sounds like a good time for 20v upgrade.

Regards, Eric

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see any replies so...

NG & 7A pistons are not compatible. The 20v head has move volume in the head chamber and uses a flat-top piston. The NG has less volume in the head so the piston is dished.

Either you need a replacement engine, or sounds like a good time for 20v upgrade.

Regards, Eric
Problem is I can’t find a 20v under $6k to save my life, even just a head, I got the lower compression pistons plus a compression dropping head gasket, would that maybe work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts