Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spare water manifold lying around and I was curious if anyone here would be able to convert it like the picture below. I have an AAN swapped Audi 90 and would like to clean up the bay by doing this. Let me know, thank you in advance!
Bicycle part Household hardware Auto part Composite material Gas

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
"I have a spare water manifold lying around and I was curious if anyone here would be able to convert it like the picture below. I have an AAN swapped Audi 90 and would like to clean up the bay by doing this. Let me know, thank you in advance!"

Issam modifies the stock AAN water manifold to make it 3B style. That's what you received. I have 3, they are perfect. So what's the problem?

"Just a heads up he does an AAN to 3B manifold conversion so this won’t work in my small chassis "

Thats what you wanted! And it does fit in small chassis cos installed it in ur quattro and cq as well.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"I have a spare water manifold lying around and I was curious if anyone here would be able to convert it like the picture below. I have an AAN swapped Audi 90 and would like to clean up the bay by doing this. Let me know, thank you in advance!"

Issam modifies the stock AAN water manifold to make it 3B style. That's what you received. I have 3, they are perfect. So what's the problem?

"Just a heads up he does an AAN to 3B manifold conversion so this won’t work in my small chassis "

Thats what you wanted! And it does fit in small chassis cos installed it in ur quattro and cq as well.
The picture I posted has the relocated flange at more of a downward angle giving clearance from the AAN intake manifold. The 3B style water manifold flange is too upright and will not clear the AAN intake manifold with plumbing.

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
The picture I posted has the relocated flange at more of a downward angle giving clearance from the AAN intake manifold. The 3B style water manifold flange is too upright and will not clear the AAN intake manifold with plumbing.
wow
Maybe next time state that you have a no so common AAN intake in your small chassis configuration so ppl dont have to read your mind.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did I ever state I had a 3B intake manifold? I stated I had an AAN in a small chassis. Iroz did plenty of AAN intake manifold conversions for the small chassis. I also sent a picture of what I wanted. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
Send it back, im sure he will refund your money, he is a straight up guy.

Maybe next time post a picture of your engine bay: A picture is worth a 1000 words......
GL

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Thanks Varia.

For clarity , OP contacted me with the following message:

"Hi, I was told on motorgeek you could do a conversion like pictures below. I have a spare AAN water manifold lying around and would like to go this route to clean up the engine bay in my 90q. How much do you charge?"

producing an image of what looked like an AAN converted water manifold for use in a vanagon as seen on the samba.

I figured he pulled the image from google.
Based on his email of AAN + small chassis (90q) I figured that he was looking for a 3B water manifold.
Once payment was made , the water manifold was in his hands 2 business days later.

When I was contacted again stating that what I supplied was wrong , I simply told him return it for a refund no harm no foul as what he wanted isn't what i could produce.

As for the below:
Now he is claiming he sent out what I asked for, sub par customer service.
sub par customer service would be ignoring you.
sub par customer service would be never shipping your product in a timely fashion
sub par customer service would be many other things one of which isn't being a mind reader.
In the future when requesting a custom product from anyone , be a little more descriptive as to what you want as it would save everyone involved alot of time. This could have easily been resolved via email but to come on here and call my customer service "sub par" to a community i have been part of for almost 20 years is absurd. Even Varia understood your message as you wanting a 3B water manifold.
I can count the number of times ive seen an AAN intake manifold used in a small chassis on 1 hand and they all used the original AAN water manifold and all of them had the radiator angled to clear the throttle body which isn't ideal for fan set ups but thats your fight to fight.

you have been sent instructions .
best of luck in the future.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Varia.

For clarity , OP contacted me with the following message:

"Hi, I was told on motorgeek you could do a conversion like pictures below. I have a spare AAN water manifold lying around and would like to go this route to clean up the engine bay in my 90q. How much do you charge?"

producing an image of what looked like an AAN converted water manifold for use in a vanagon as seen on the samba.

I figured he pulled the image from google.
Based on his email of AAN + small chassis (90q) I figured that he was looking for a 3B water manifold.
Once payment was made , the water manifold was in his hands 2 business days later.

When I was contacted again stating that what I supplied was wrong , I simply told him return it for a refund no harm no foul as what he wanted isn't what i could produce.

As for the below:

sub par customer service would be ignoring you.
sub par customer service would be never shipping your product in a timely fashion
sub par customer service would be many other things one of which isn't being a mind reader.
In the future when requesting a custom product from anyone , be a little more descriptive as to what you want as it would save everyone involved alot of time. This could have easily been resolved via email but to come on here and call my customer service "sub par" to a community i have been part of for almost 20 years is absurd. Even Varia understood your message as you wanting a 3B water manifold.
I can count the number of times ive seen an AAN intake manifold used in a small chassis on 1 hand and they all used the original AAN water manifold and all of them had the radiator angled to clear the throttle body which isn't ideal for fan set ups but thats your fight to fight.

you have been sent instructions .
best of luck in the future.
I got the picture from this thread on motorgeek:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Font Automotive tire

Sounds like it’s not the first time you’ve has issues with customer service: Issam of INA, get back to me. Im tried of these games

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Sounds like it’s not the first time you’ve has issues with customer service
Referencing an 11 year old thread where an irrational customer was called out by the forum administrator in his final post is not helping your "sub par" case.
Since you want to do this in public and strong arm me. Send me your AAN manifold when you return the 3B converted unit and ill make you a coolant manifold to YOUR SPECS.
this is my final post on this matter.
Good luck.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am going to keep the water manifold because honestly I don’t trust you. Your attitude with how you treat customers is terrible. I also remember buying aluminum injector bungs from EFI express that I believe were made by you. They were so warped because they had been overheated during processing they wouldn’t even thread in. EFI express did an awesome job of refunding me without attitude but I imagine if I was dealing directly with you it would be a similar fiasco.
Ps this whole thing could have been avoided if you just had a picture of the manifold you’re selling on your website.

·
Administrator
12,593 Posts
Honestly if you don't want the part Issam has offered you a more than reasonable solution. Issam is possibly the most honest and helpful dudes out there when it comes to older audi's offering free parts and access to audi tradtion parts to enthusiast. Wow just re-read his last post he is now offering to modify the part to your wishes/specs and you don't seem interested. Thread is now locked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.