Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 907 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this project about a month and a half a go now and it is coming along just fine i am installing a 4.2 ABZ in a 1988 Fiero Gt T top i am going to use a vems ecu from EFI Express . The transmission is a 012 due to it was cheap and available I would have liked a 6 speed 01X or 01E but not in the budget. my goal is to get it running by fall

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Im glad to see that you have made your mind up on what ecu and trans. Should be interesting to see this come together.

By the way, I like the body kit on the fiero, almost makes me miss mine!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
That is one sick looking fiero.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Nice, I always thought the Fiero would have been a cool car *if only it came with a v8!* Good job :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
VERY nice. Didn't know longitudinal was a possibility! I wanted one until I found out that there's no good way to do a stick with an LSx in those...but this kind of alleviates that issue!

Eric

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup i noticed that to but any ways this is the engine all the way in but just need to go forward 1 inch . i need to trim the trunk lid hinges about a 1/2 an inch and mod a few things on the firewall

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
smotheredsteak said:
anyone else notice the photoshopped girl in that picture??
I did notice it, I just didnt want to say anything :wink:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
That is gonna be some massive angles on those axles.......

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you can see the angle on the axle its about 10 degrees and it is fine up to 25 degrees. i gathered my info on axle angle from the sand rail guys since they run more axle angle then any one so i trust them on what they say.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Running on dirt is a little different than on pavement. That being said, I hope it works without a hitch....

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Everytime I have blown and axle up, it has been with a wheel turned. I think the project is awesome. I had considered an audi turbo 5 in a fiero with a lambo kit on it a long long time ago....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Too bad there's no R8 Fiero body kit...would be a great poor man's R8!

Eric

1 - 20 of 907 Posts