Automobiles Forum banner
861 - 880 of 907 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
anyone running a megasquirt 3x can i ask what you set the gain at for your knock sensor i have set mine all to .5 as i had the gain to high and just sitting and running the car and reving it was setting off the knock sensor and retarding the timing but i know they should be a bit different for each cylinder as they are closer or further away from the knock sensor

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #863 ·
Not sure this will help anyone but i was messing around with the Water/methanol control on the megasquirt 3x and i found i had the Hz set wrong for the solenoid as i had it to high so it was not running the solenoid on lower duty cycle like 30 percent duty so i was not getting any injection at 5 pounds of boost but now that i have it working right i can make a map of how much water/meth i need at x amount of boost and rpm giving me a better methanol delivery for better performance

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #870 ·
chassis dynamometer is all picked up and in my shop i have much to do to get it running most of it is cleaning it up and making it pretty . I have talked to some who have the same dyno they say you can do up to around 500 whp that will cover what i want to do

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #871 ·
ok the 18 gauge sheet metal came in for the fiero rockers came in now i need to move the dyno so i can lower the fiero and make the rockers so this should happen in the next few weeks then she will be going to bed for the winter in the inclosed trailer i bought . life is good right now as i have a bunch of projects going on and i like it

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #873 ·
it was cheap but it will do what i want as it is a old smog dyno with eddy brake, i need to spend $800 for software and data acquisition / brake controller and i have a 20 + foot camper trailer given to me the camper is junk ut the frame is strong and in great shape for mounting this dyno so i can travel with it and dyno a car if someone wants and the car owner can tune it or try to tune it

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #875 ·
today i got after it on striping the camper body off the trailer it is now off and just the floor is left but i think that will rip right off with the truck in 4 wheel low and a strap hooked on and just rip away it will be dyno ready soon

·
Registered
172 Posts
Been following along on the build. Awesome work!
A one of a kind car you have built here.
Definitely in for some dyno numbers.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #880 ·
It was a great day yesterday with great food and family and friends i hope everyone had a great day and we all can have peace and stop being so divided as we will never get anything done if we don't compromise as you can not every thing you want buy must work to what everyone can live with

861 - 880 of 907 Posts