Automobiles Forum banner
881 - 900 of 907 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #881 ·
well it is almost time to get the car off the lift and start working on it maybe i will get it all finished up then i can move on to another project as i have a few things going along with a W8 engine project i want to install in another fiero as it is so short it will fit great and i know they are not the best egine i am told but i would like to try putting the W12 engine in a fiero also but that will be a tall order as physically putting it in is not so much the problem as getting it to run but i like a good challenge

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #882 ·
Well it looks like the slipping belt is back so i will try one more thing by going back to a manual belt tensioner on 1 of the belts and if that does not work then i need to either go to a toothed belt or just pull the Supercharger and put a turbo on but i am pretty sure i will end up with the toothed belt as i do really want this to work .

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #888 ·
one of these days i will get the Fiero engine tuned correctly as still can not go right to the floor but with what i can do it pulls hard i can't wait to see how it pulls when i can just jump on it as know it will be the fastest street car i have driven in both Quickness and top speed

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
A8myFiero said:
one of these days i will get the Fiero engine tuned correctly as still can not go right to the floor but with what i can do it pulls hard i can't wait to see how it pulls when i can just jump on it as know it will be the fastest street car i have driven in both Quickness and top speed
Nice.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #890 ·
today i got allot closer on the engine tune as i can stick it to the floor and it pulls all the way but it is a bit rich in a few places but i can get that tuned out just got to do some more on ramp runs on the highway

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #892 ·
well after doing a few things i feel it is the supercharger that is making the noise the knock sensors are picking up as it happens exactly the same each time so i added timing as i am not to far off in the fuel

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #893 ·
well under hard acceleration the car has a bad lose felling in the back so today I took the car over to the shop and tightened all the lateral link bolt as tight as i could , then i X braced the bottom of the cradle but before i was done welding i ran out of welding gas so now i need some more welding gas so i can finish that up . when i drove it home but not pushing it hard it felt tighter in the backend but i really won't know until i really stand on it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #897 ·
you know if i were to build another car like this i would start with the Porsche Boxster first gen and i would go with a 40 valve and turbo instead of the supercharger as it would be easier . I will say if you built what i just laid out you would have supercar performance or dam close as my fiero is fast and as far as i can tell it is going to be at least mid 11 car in the quarter mile and i feel it will do around 180 MPH as i am basing this on my experience of racing a 1400 Lb 600 hp dirt winged sprintcar

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #899 ·
just the other day i was looking at the car and see where i am going to need to do some repair as the fiberglass is cracked as i just did not make it thick enough but that is all right as i will repair all those things i feel that can be done better on the body but as far as the engine tune it is good now and the car runs fast and quick i want to do both a 1/4 mile and a top speed run i just have not had the time to go to the drag strip as it is about 100 miles away and i have had a bunch of things on my plate

881 - 900 of 907 Posts